·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Certainly seems to have got the hump! Bit cruel to let them try out one though

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yeah, bit of an odd thing to do if they've no plans to sell them there. Unless of course it's a trial to see how they go down before VW make a final decision (just giving them the benefit of the doubt).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I loved this article - have forwarded it to son who lives in USA and will never see an Up until he comes home on holiday. Should I let him drive mine (collect tomorrow!!!) though or should I just make him suffer??
Payback time!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Aw flossie, it would be mean to make him suffer (well maybe a little bit). Tell him he can take it out for a spin then "lose" the keys for a few hours

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder what son of flossie has done to deserve such a cruel 'payback' ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
How long have you got? You'll just have to wait til the book is published - Son of FlossieHe is now forwarding link to all Americans he knows who might struggle to insert themselves into the back of our little Ups. That's my boy!
5 hours to go and counting.......

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love going to America.........where my size is regarded as normal rather than here where I'm errrrrr ample

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah, ive seen in multiple places that the americans really would like to have the up! over there.... and it is cruel letting them trial it if VW arent thinking of potentially sending it over there.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would imagine if the US demand rises then VW won't ignore such a huge area of potential sales

·
Registered
956 Posts
whassup said:
I love going to America.........where my size is regarded as normal rather than here where I'm errrrrr ample

Excellent, I love it. From now on I'm "ample" too. Beats the **** out of being just plain FAT

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clowesa said:
whassup said:

Excellent, I love it. From now on I'm "ample" too. Beats the **** out of being just plain FAT
**** yeah, as they say across the pond. I'm a great test to prove trhat the up! is space efficient!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Isn't the American Gallon more than the Imperial gallon? If so they didn't get a lot of mileage from the tests. I think it quotes 55 mpg. Now if it is the other way about and the Imperial gallon is larger than the American gallon we have a different kettle of fish. I suppose I should google for the conversion, but I can't be bothered.
As for getting four average yanks in my Up! Forget it, the springs would need reinforcing. Mind you I notice we Brits are tending to go that way too. Ample may sound better because it is newer but in a couple of years it will equal Fat or Obese etc.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Bingalau said:
Isn't the American Gallon more than the Imperial gallon? If so they didn't get a lot of mileage from the tests. I think it quotes 55 mpg. Now if it is the other way about and the Imperial gallon is larger than the American gallon we have a different kettle of fish. I suppose I should google for the conversion, but I can't be bothered.
As for getting four average yanks in my Up! Forget it, the springs would need reinforcing. Mind you I notice we Brits are tending to go that way too. Ample may sound better because it is newer but in a couple of years it will equal Fat or Obese etc.

You're right of course but as I'm already classed as the latter, I think I'll stick with Ample for now. Hopefully by the time it equals the others, I'll be back to Average/Normal (well, wishful thinking isn't a bad thing and I am trying, honest
).

·
Registered
35 Posts
An American gallon is less than an Imperial one. The conversion rate is:

1 Imperial gallon = 1.20095042 US gallons

...so 55mpg (American) = approximately 66mpg (Imperial)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts