Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a short holiday in Southern Spain recently and in 10 days in one of the most popular resorts how many Up's, Mii's or Citigo's did I see. Not One.
Maybe these cars are not sold in Spain. I thought I would at least see one Seat, being the nation's only car producer.
Tonio

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was in Portugal last week and I saw 1 up, no citigos and no miis.

2 weeks before that, I was cycling around Belgium and saw no ups, no miis, no citigos and about 60000 golfs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Strange isn't it...loads here in the uk now. And last year or so the amount of fiat 500's I see is crazy, really taken over from the mini in the 'count the number on every street' stat.

We just love our small cars I guess, that and the fuel prices we have to pay!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Spain and Portugal have to struggle more with economic problems.
Especially the number of unemployed young people is a horror ...

Move up! and High up! are sold in Spain. Less versions than in the UK but still a lot to choose!

In Germany you also see more Golfs than up!s ...
As I wrote in the "tax thread", it also depends on the number of "company cars".
Our bosses drive Audi A6 and Passat, most sales and service men Turan. I don't get a company car as I am just one of these (not so well payed) office nerds ...

Well; I don't mind! I have the most fashionable car on our car park!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi!
I have a Mii, and I am Spanish, not sold much here because the prices are high, you have a little more Seat Ibiza, Skoda Fabia and VW Polo.

Greetings from Spain, are not that bad yet ...
Sorry for my bad English :(

Edited by: MiiSpain

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MiiSpain,
Your English is so much better than my Spanish.
I have to say that I prefer the styling of the Mii to both the Citigo and the Up.
It's a personal thing and beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
That may be a bit difficult in translation!
Tonio

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I understood MiiSpain perfectly.
Have more problems with native speakers sometimes - but I am also here to learn ...

Germans have the same saying. "Schönheit liegt im Auge des Betrachters".

I prefer the up! - but I love the red up!/Mii/Citigo triple!

I pass a red Mii nearly every day - and it is a beauty!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's great that we all have different tastes, otherwise it would be a dull world of sameness.
I think the Up is a great car, so agile and with superb steering . Just wish its real world fuel consumption was better than the 47 miles per gallon I get from my Seat Mii Toca. Sorry I can't translate that into litres per kilometres.
I think, on consideration ,that its the black painted rear hatch that doesn't work for me.
Still trying to figure out how I can change the Day Running Lights to led's.
Tonio

·
Registered
149 Posts
MiiSpain said:
<span id="result_" =""="" lang="en"><span ="hps"="">
Hi</span><span>!</span>

Hi MiiSpain,

That picture of your Mii in the snow is the best image of a red 'triplet' I have ever seen. Looks awesome. The alloys look better now that SEAT has replaced them on the Toca. They were ok before but a bit nicer now.

Cheers!
Edited by: Timii

·
Registered
252 Posts
When we bought our Mii Sport we could have got a brand new 3dr 1.4 Ibiza Toca (or what ever was the current special edition last year) for about £600 less, but the Mii won hands down on looks, spec & economy. Performance was similar if not slightly better with the Mii & the extra space was offset by the fact that I don't think the passenger seat slid forward when tipping it.

A had an Ibiza ST as a courtesy car once & couldn't wait to give it bad & get the Mii back!!!

Miispain, I too think that is a fantastic picture, I shouldn't get any snowy pictures of mine with the alloys on as my winter tyres are on steel rims.

Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know just what you mean. I have a 2010 Honda CRV 2.2 diesel and you can guess which of the two I prefer to buzz around in.I'd be interested to know what the cost of four steel wheels and winter tyres was and where you bought them, if you don't mind telling!

·
Registered
252 Posts
My steel rims I got as part of the deal with the car so not sure of exact price, my WinterTyres I got from Kwik Fit who price matched Black Circles last year, but they haven't got the Continentals TS800 tyres I got in stock currently.

Mytyres.co.uk are currently doing a set of 175 65 14 Continental winter tyres (either TS800 or the newer TS 850 same price) with wheels for £328.80 delivered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mii al

That's very useful and much appreciated. All I have to do now is source the steel wheels.
Thanks again.
Tonio

·
Registered
252 Posts
The mytyres price I quoted includes the wheels.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts