Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First long-ish drive after a long while... covered 26 miles at 27 MPH average speed - no heating or AC needed, mostly clear A roads, 6.7 mile per Kw/h - I was surprised at how little power was used, especially as not much regenerative braking. Would be interested in other people's benchmarks - could there have been a tailwind or something?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Interesting. Was that a one way only trip?
I have a 2 yr old e-up which frequently does well over 5 and has made a few 6+ es but I don't think ever 6.7. Long term average is 5.2 at the moment and that includes winter as well as summer. Winter - I get about 4.7 up to 5.2 -ish and summer 5.3 to 6 - ish. I live on top of a steep hill and my area includes many hills, small and big roads inc m-ways and town as well as country driving. So in effect all conditions.
Despite it still being under warranty I service brakes 2x a year and they are easy to keep good - no drag from discs or drums so that must help. I notice that regen helps best if doing over 11-ish miles per trip. I have also found that the most economical trade between blast-off and spending more time at high power slowly gaining speed is a fast-ish takeoff about 3/4 of full go. I rarely use aircon, not often even blower. I have fitted side window fairings so I can open them & rain doesn't come in. Its usually me & wife and I also keep a proper (but heavy) spare in the boot. Often masses of heavy shopping on return trip too.
Judging from the power meter, when on a rare bit of flat road at about 55 it uses just 20% of the 82HP so say 17 or so to keep going. So where on earth did these things get the 'real world range' of 67 miles from?? My average over 2 winters and summers is about 97. Yours must be similar if not better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts