Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am really happy with size of my little UP!decided to fold down rear seats as don't have anyone in them that often.

So far done weekly shop at Tesco, driven to homebase and loaded up ontop of tesco. stopped off at garden centre for a few plants and YEAH :) baby jet has carried the load no problem with room to spare.
Have decided to keep seats down till needed (not that often) as so easy to load car.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes, ive not seen many pics of the seats down, might be good to see it loaded up and unloaded with seats down too!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I've had the seats down when carrying a 200L water butt, and when taking buckets of stones and concrete to the tip. The problem with keeping the seats down is noise. If you only do city journeys it's fine, but at higher speeds you really want them back up if there is no load. I was disappointed I could not get a 200L compost bin in the boot as the opening is not tall enough. It could probably carry a pushbike, but it'd scratch the interior, so I'll avoid that, as I am not sure I will keep the car until it dies.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Good point about the noise. I'm interested in the bike idea as I often sling mine in the back of my 3 door Focus to go for a ride. Its a tight fit which makes me think I probably won't be able to do the same with the up!. Also, the pic in the Accessories brochure of the roof bike carrier looks like they may have used a small bike! I'd like to see a road bike on a roof. It does sound as if maybe they should have called the up! Tardis though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Plan to this with mine. No need for rear seats and my dog goes everywhere so the rear seats will stay folded and the back carpeted to protect the upholstery. Have done this with other hatchbacks and it works well for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First post on this forum, so hi everybody
this is my up! with my Gary Fisher hifi pro 29er in the back, it's a thigth squeeze but it's possible. Would prefer a roof rack though.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome Peter. I will not show my hubby your pic, as he will be forcing his bikes in the back of my little baby and Im not having that for a while anyway

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I am impressed it fits a bike, not sure I will be trying to fit mine in tho ad I cant take the wheels off! doh!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts