Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Up! White but a couple of things are a slight inconvenience.

1. The drivers door switches for mirrors and windows aren't illuminated.
2. No boot light.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yes, it would be nice if every switch lit up. It's no big deal but I bet they could have put a bulb in for a few pence!

·
Registered
361 Posts
There are many things which are 'minor' inconveniences but which saved them money.

Few things:

- those interior lights
- not having rear wheel arc shields
- rear drum brakes
- three cylinders instead of four (no just kidding)
- there's no control of passenger side window at driver side
- only one register plate light
- interior handle above door only at passenger side
- only two air out lets on dash

- hat track not going down automatically

and so on and on, please add to list...

-eelis-

Edited by: -eelis-

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
-eelis- said:
There are many things which are 'minor' inconveniences but which saved them money.

Few things:

- those interior lights
- not having rear wheel arc shields
- rear drum brakes
- three cylinders instead of four (no just kidding)
- there's no control of passenger side window at driver side
- only one register plate light
- interior handle above door only at passenger side
- make-up mirror only at passenger side
- only two air out lets on dash

- hat track not going down automatically

and so on and on, please add to list...

-eelis-
t
If you buy a bottom entry car you must expect a bottom entry specification. I suppose someone will complain there is no parking assist or auto open boot or soft close doors. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
251 Posts
How much would it have cost to put a second grab handle/hole thing in the inside of the boot lid? I reckon all of 0.02 pence. If your right hand happens to be holding something, you can't pull the lid down easily with your left hand. So needless and annoying

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
UpMan said:
How much would it have cost to put a second grab handle/hole thing in the inside of the boot lid? I reckon all of 0.02 pence. If your right hand happens to be holding something, you can't pull the lid down easily with your left hand. So needless and annoying 

Good to hear from someone with a similar sense of humour to my self. I prefer to hold things in my teeth to keep both hands free

·
Registered
81 Posts
agree with this..

only two air out lets on dash - compared to my Yaris it takes me much longer to get both hands warm in the winter..

Also I can't believe how long it takes my Uppy todemist

·
Registered
448 Posts
]

If you buy a bottom entry car you must expect a bottom entry specification. I suppose someone will complain there is no parking assist or auto open boot or soft close doors. [/QUOTE].

I have parking assist...It is called My Wife....and open boot....again that is her call....she buys....she opens the Boot. Soft close doors? No chance...they just get slammed.

Go well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So I wonder why you guys complain about the missing illumination in the doors.. Its not like there's a **** of a lot you mess up. You got Window switch, door lock, and mirror heat/mirror adjust.

Also about the missing makeup mirror in drivers side: Why in the name of GOD would you need one there? Drivers seat is for driving, not keeping your face pretty while driving.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Getting a bit critical on Christmas eve Blackpuppy I thought this was the season of goodwill or as nightowl would say " go well "

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a high up and yes it is a bottom entry car but for £11500 we expect some of the missing items included, most other manufactures include many of the missed items for less money also. Daft as it may seem ,when I change the car I will still buy another Up.

·
Registered
851 Posts
miketedl said:
 I have a high up and yes it is a bottom entry car but for £11500 we expect some of the missing items included, most other manufactures include many of the missed items for less money also. Daft as it may seem ,when I change the car I will still buy another Up. 
As you already have the top model, what would make you change it?

·
Registered
296 Posts
After two months of ownership and 3,000 miles only thing I really miss is the driver's seat having a memory setting so it goes back to the correct position after access to the back - obviously I have the 3 door version.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Only two things for me. Center air vent to warm my left hand, and illuminated door switches.
Now I've changed to a Polo I really really really miss my heated seats.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've never had heated seats and just don't get why everyone loves them so. It's not like the seat is made of ice.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have got to agree with Alex, the heated seats are amazing, never had them before the Up!, but in the cold they are great for the first few miles. Having a warm seat makes you forget that your hands are cold.

Merry Christmas everyone

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You can buy heated seat covers on amazon, but some of the reviews say that they almost caught fire and others melted the 12V socket! Don't think I will risk it although they are only £12 ish.

·
Registered
125 Posts
just three things: auto drivers window, auto lifting boot shelf, and both window controls on the drivers side. ( not much to ask it it V.W. )

1 - 20 of 53 Posts