Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the dealer's best attempts my phone won't download its phonebook onto Maps + More. Seems my phone, a Sony Xperia Neo V, has some sort Bluetooth address incompatability thats stops it ( and that's according to Sony). Phone works fine, it's just the phonebook that's the problem.
Anyway, I've only had the car for a few hours and everything else is perfect!

If anyone has any ideas/solutions I'd be grateful.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all: Had my gorgeous little gem for 2 weeks now and love it
!Collected M&M this morning and cannot get it to recognise my phone, a Samsung. I'd really appreciate any helpful tips. Also I have an IMac and remember reading (along with all those other posts which I became obsessional about reading in Pre-Up days!) that other people had had problems downloading updates using an IMac. Again, any advice before I commit myself to whatever I am about to try to do? IMac is also pretty new - talk about learning curves for us retired Uppers....So good to read about everyone getting delivery of theirs and their enthusiasm for the car - just joy on 4 wheels!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Switch Bluetooth on on the phone and get it to search for maps and more. That's how I got my wife's phone recognised as maps and more could not find it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok. I am being very thick and only wish I had an IT expert around... I made sure blue tooth was switched on on phone then it asked me to enter a pin to pair with car phone. Dealer and I entered 0000 which he assured me was the usual VW one (??). I also tried 1234 and abcd but just get message "unable to pair with device". I know I am doing something very wrong but what? Sorry - Up forum is great but you will sigh in desperation when you read this post!!
I have got to grips with car and have managed to at least enter a couple of destinations on M&M but feel a hissy fit coming on!Will try using PC for maps download - thanks Roadrunner for that and also for suggestion re bluetooth. Will persevere. Dealer has less idea than me re anything technical. Are VW running training for people like him and customers like me? There is a need, trust me!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Flossie, when setting up a Bluetooth connection devices ask for a pin. It's not a security that is predefined but you enter a Number on the first device to ask, and then enter the same number on the second device. I believe the actual number is up to you

If you look on te forum there is a link to the navigon website and the manual.
Edited by: Roadrunner

·
Registered
143 Posts
As to updating maps and more

Download navigon fresh from the navigon website
Install on computer
With it running fresh on the computer connect maps and more, wait a while for windows to load the USB drivers
When it's ready,
Backup Maps and More
Download and update the software ( also called firmware just to confuse)
Then update the maps with your intial update. (Must be done in first 30 days)
If you wish to purchase a license for 2 years of map updates then this must be done in the first 30 days since switching Maps and More on for the first time to use the discount voucher which reduces the cost by 80%.

There have been issues with payment on navigons website if your house does not have a number

Hope the above helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been able to back-up my device, but when I try to download, I cannot connect to the server, and it tells me there is a server error (CG2009). Is this a firewall problem? I have emailed Navigon to ask for advice.Edited by: EML

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you so much Roadrunner. I now have my phone paired up with M&M: will do the downloading maps stuff later on today - car and I are now going out for our first really good long run - so excited!! So will now be playing with anything to do with mpg....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here with my Sony Xperia P - phonebook download is initiated, and appears in the phone notification area, sits for a couple of minutes, then M&M gives up, with and error screen "Phone book transfer...has failed".

Is there a workaround - eg loading the phonebook from another phone (I've got an iPhone 3GS as well) or from the computer?

Geoff

·
Registered
956 Posts
I don't know if this helps but my hubby has a Samsung Galaxy S II and we had a minor problem transferring his phonebook. Turns out you have to not only switch bluetooth on but you also have to make the phone"visible". Easy enough but it only stays visible for 2 minutes so we had to be ready to start the phonebook downloading process as soon as he'd made the phone visible. Once we'd worked that out, it worked straight away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts