Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new here and searched the forum but couldn't find the answer, I've just bought a take up as a daily run around but it's missing the 12v adapter. Was this standard on this model? If not does anyone know if the wiring plug is still there so I can retrofit?

Cheers!
(great community btw)

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can buy 12v adapters from most places and retrofit. I would look at other ups and see where they are fitted in the centre console.

Presume it's a case of just drilling the right sized hole for the adapter to fit into.

As for the wiring. Positive should be a switched live for when the ignition is on and negative should be a ground contact to the frame of the car. You will need to run the positive from the fuse box.

Can anyone assist with the correct connector to tap into?

As always disconnect your battery before carrying out any electrical work. Most likely there are many guides on YouTube.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thank you 👍
You can buy 12v adapters from most places and retrofit. I would look at other ups and see where they are fitted in the centre console.

Presume it's a case of just drilling the right sized hole for the adapter to fit into.

As for the wiring. Positive should be a switched live for when the ignition is on and negative should be a ground contact to the frame of the car. You will need to run the positive from the fuse box.

Can anyone assist with the correct connector to tap into?

As always disconnect your battery before carrying out any electrical work. Most likely there are many guides on YouTube.
Awesome! Thank you buddy 👍

·
Registered
57 Posts
The best thing is to have one socket as switched live, and one a permanent live. There are a few things I've found where having to keep the ignition on/keys in the switch, just to get 12V was not ideal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts