Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Up! Last week love the car but has anyone noticed what appears to be either a missing cover or a piece of carpet at the back of the foot pedals????

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Yes it was the up! black we had and i loved it......
Cant wait for my one to arrived, i know it's left the factory.
So it should be here soon.....?
We took it to holmrook for the weekend. Will post pictures later?

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think you will find the carpets are tailored for LHDcars, you will find the foot rest&heel rubber mat on the passenger side of UK models this may cause the drivers side to look a bit odd.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You will also find the VW mats come with no locating holes to go over the pegs on the passenger side,unless mine are a one off rogue set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The gap I referred to you can only see if you get your head down to seat level and look up.You can see right into what must be the engine compartment as there is no cover around the pedal mechanism. I'm sure that is why there is more engine noise than usual.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Am I understanding this correctly please? On a UK car....

The passenger footwell contains the footrest, rubber heel pad and locating studs for the floormat.

The drivers footwell does not have a footrest, rubber heel pad and locating studs for a floormat.

Edited by: VWXYZ

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes that is correct.It since turns out that my car is a 'wrong build' am now awaiting uk spec.carpet on back order.You dont get the foot rest on RHD spec.

·
Registered
344 Posts
philmar said:
Yes that is correct.It since turns out that my car is a 'wrong build' am now awaiting uk spec.carpet on back order.You dont get the foot rest on RHD spec.

Thanks.

So...no footrest, no problem with that, not the end of the world.

And a rhd car should have the heel mat and carpet locating studs on the passenger side?

·
Registered
243 Posts
On a RHDcarthe heel mat & pegs are on the drivers side only,the passenger side has no pegs or heel mat.

·
Registered
344 Posts
philmar said:
On a RHDcarthe heel mat & pegs are on the drivers side only,the passenger side has no pegs or heel mat.

Many thanks for the heads up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts