Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got a 2016 Up and have been looking everywhere on how to go about wirelessly charging my mobile phone in the Up.

The problem being that most clip to the vents, however with the Ups' unusual design this isn't really an option, the centre console doesn't really have the room and I don't want anything stick to the dash or the windscreen because I use Maps & More so would struggle for the room. Has anyone found a work around to save me from cluttered cables everywhere?

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Do you not have the cradle and usb port in the top of the dash?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Sadly not.... No option for it either.
Ah, you have the other thing. You could look into getting one of the newer cradles and feeding a charging lead up there for the phone through where the USB should be.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem being that I'd then lose the Maps+More features like Bluetooth phone, which is something I use on a daily basis with work.....

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The problem being that I'd then lose the Maps+More features like Bluetooth phone, which is something I use on a daily basis with work.....
Does it not just link to the head unit with bluetooth?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
LOL.....I know. It's a pain. Why every car doesn't have a USB port or wireless charging built in these days I don't know.
That's the thing, in the new one you use your phone in the cradle and it charges with a usb just behind it all nice and neat.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has anyone got any further with this? Must be fairly simple to install a wireless charging coil on to the shelf in front of the cup holder and wire it into the 12v socket. Can't imagine the centre console will be too hard to remove.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone got any further with this? Must be fairly simple to install a wireless charging coil on to the shelf in front of the cup holder and wire it into the 12v socket. Can't imagine the centre console will be too hard to remove.
Sadly not Percy, I did find a wireless phone charger that kinda fit in the cup holder, but it was broken in a few weeks.

I'm really hating the lack of tech in the UP, no Android Auto, no wireless charging and no USB ports.....it's like the 80's all over again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you do, might find this thread helpful:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts