Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

When did the model year change? Which model year is yours and when did you get it?

I think the model year is the 10th character of the VIN

VIN will look like WVWZZZmmZxW000000

mm is the model (they should all be the same)

x is the model year... I think it will be B for 2011, C for 2012, 3 for 2013!

Don't be shy to even put the whole first half of the VIN... It's only the "000000" above which is unique to one vehicle, the first 11 characters are generic... As an example, my EOS was 2007 MY:

WVWZZZ1FZ7W......

Look forward to some responses!

Edited by: SiJ2000

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Touran is 2010 and it's VIN is:

WVWZZZ1TZAW.......

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would post my UP! But I don't have it yet!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
On my order form it shows a VIN not sure if I am getting a car already built or a factory order as two built to my spec were sitting at two other dealers. Anyhow the first part of my VIN on my order form is:

WVWZ***AZDD which would indicate MY13 but I would of expected the up! to start as MY13 I know SEAT move to a new MY in May/June or if a new car is launched and the Mii and the new Ibiza are both MY13 even though they came out in April and June.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Model year 13 for the up is week 22 build and above

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its odd that it changes so early in the year!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
VW used to change model years around October, after the factories went back after their hols.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My VIN is WVWZZZAAZDD004188 I was build week 23

·
Registered
421 Posts
But that makes no sense!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
@jezyg if you have a vin the car is already built.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're right ZumbaQueen, the VIN doesn't tally upwith the usual VW VINs! That would make your model AA and your model year D (unless my info is incorrect and 2013 is D instead of 3 as documented elsewhere. 2012 is C, so it's possible!

Assuming that is correct, then as you put the while VIN, we can see that your car was the 4188th UP! built in model year 2013 (D)!

I am still confused about the "AA" model code, as I thought he model code for the UP was "12"... Oh well, let's see what some other people put (hopefully they will!)

Edited by: SiJ2000

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are a number of vin decoders on the web, from Zumba Queen's vin I got the following from http://igorweb.org/vindec/default.aspx
VW Up!
model year 2013, production number 004188
production plant Bratislava (SK)
The entered VIN cannot be checked for validity.

·
Registered
587 Posts
davidw said:
@jezyg if you have a vin the car is already built.

Thought that may be the case and I have been allocated a VW stock car I know there were two on the system to my exact spec, at least the wait will be shorter and probably pick up end Sept.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting that the model designation seems to be AA and the year for 2013 seems to be D!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts