Up Owners Club banner

What have you modified on your Up!

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Uppers! I have slowly been doing small mods to my Up! and wondered how many others have done the same. I'm sorry I couldn't add more options on here but you're limited to 10, so I've tried to put the most common on here, plus an "Other" option. If you fall into the "Other" category then please add in the comments box what you have done.
I'll start.
Stubby ariel, sub woofer, boot light, DRL and headlamp bulbs.
Hopefully next will be, W8 interior light, and de-yellow the reverse lights/rear number plate light.
Cheers.
Matt

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey, its a shame we can only select 1 so im selecting my frav mod, which isnt much really but makes it looks nice others may disagree but I like it! So I selected other!!

By the way its my tinted windows lol

Ey up! I just realised I can vote more than once!!
Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Itzben. I thought you could multiple select also, when I created it, but I found that you have to add each one separately. I hope others voting read this or realise.
Cheers.
Matt.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Good idea and you beat me to it.
Maybe a little edit to this?

Front end bulbs
Rear end bulbs
Interior bulbs
Boot light added
Wheels
Body work (spoilers,skirts & valances)
Suspension
Audio equipment
Other (post reply)

That's how i was gonna lay it out?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gary. I wanted to make it a bit more comprehensive, but as I found out, 10 was the limit and I didn't want to generalise too much, but also put other common mods in.
Great minds think alike eh!
If there is enough responses, there could be a break down for each category, for say, Lighting, Suspension, Interior, etc or do you think that would be OTT.
What do you guys and girls think?

Matt

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I think its cool! But 1 question maybe for admin (sorry if you are I cant remember whos who etc) is it possible to put an open box under the poll for all the "other" options, like I ticked other and I could list my items in this box and others could! I don't know if its possible.

Would also be good if people are organising a meet if there was a box at top of the thread of people attending!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gary02tdi said:
Good idea and you beat me to it.
Maybe a little edit to this?

Front end bulbs
Rear end bulbs
Interior bulbs
Boot light added
Wheels
Body work (spoilers,skirts & valances)
Suspension
Audio equipment
Other (post reply)

That's how i was gonna lay it out?
Hey Gary. Why don't you start a poll for what mods people are planning or doing. I would certainly vote!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why can I only pick one thing?
Had my up for five days now..

Leather steering wheel
Leather gear knob
Passat W8 Interior lamp
Mii arm rest
Debadged except for VW logo
New H4 and HB4 bulbs
Coded a bunch of things

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Mulo. You can choose more than one item, it just registers them one at a time.
By the way, nice going! That's a lot of mods in 5 days! I'm a bit jealous, of the W8 lamp! I really want one, but I've got to spend an arm and a leg sorting my back garden out first
. The arm rest is also another good choice, and I can't decide yet if I want one or not.
Matt.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You want one, trust me! It's awesome
I've got the M+M in it when parked, then I've got my sunglasses, a hand lotion and a multitool/hobbyknife, in other words, everything that I might just need. Then I've got stuff like servicebook, manual, spare bulbs in the glove box.

Oh and the W8 lamp is cheap, cost me around 65quib total, but you will have to run some extra wiring to it. (don't know how to do the pounds symbol on my iPhone)Edited by: Mulo

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
To do £ sign press 123 in bottom left of screen and its under 7 then press space or ABC where 123 was to get letters back

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Mulo. The glovebox is a bit on the small size really, and the extra storage would come in handy! I have the W8 lamp and the connector adaptor saved to favorites on my laptop for quick access. Hopefully I'll get it in about a months time. I've seen on another thread about running a wire down the "A" pillar to the headlamp switch (blue/white wire), so it's just getting the **** thing now! LOL

·
Registered
265 Posts
The extra space is absolutely lovely, but so is being able to rest your arm when taking longer trips!
I plan on running a 12 volt socket up into the armrest so that I can charge my phone in it when driving, but I've no idea how I'm going to do it yet...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My mods are rear fitted sunblinds, that everyone who sees them, thinks they are tints. I've also changed my DRLs to bright white hid effect, and finally I changed the headlights to night breakers.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Mulo. Thanks for the feedback and sorry for all the questions, but I forgot to ask about your coded stuff. What have you done? I want my dealer to programme the door auto locking function on mine. Is there anything else worth doing while it's there?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Rednaxela. Yours looks like mine apart from yours is a 3 door and mine a 5 door. Good choice!

·
Registered
265 Posts
auto locking above 15km/h unlocks again on ignition offtear wiping
fog lights with blinkers or turning

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mulo said:
auto locking above 15km/h unlocks again on ignition offtear wiping
fog lights with blinkers or turning
What is tear wiping?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Whenever I use the sprinkler the wipers of course go crazy to clean it off, but then a few seconds later they do an extra swoop to clear any running drops

1 - 20 of 32 Posts