Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys :)
I bought my 2012 Take Up! back in October 2013 and I think I'd posted on the introductions section on here but I can't remember.. Anyway, I thought I'd share some pictures of it on here, back from when I got it 7 months ago until today!

Here we go

Oct' 2013, the first picture of her after I'd taken her home :)

December 2013, when she was in to get her roof sprayed black, still completely standard at this point!

First picture after roof spray :)

Cheeky wee de-badge and de-wiper for the rear! Looks so much fresher. March 2014 :)

Comparison pictures after she was lowered all the way down on coilovers (fk ak street) :).. May 2014

Volksfling! May 24th '14

Test fit of my alloys, going on in July :)

Will update later on, in work at the moment and lunch is just about over :( awh..

There's more to come, I suppose :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
do they clear the arches ok?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks good on the Borbets.

I'm still undecided what I think about having a black roof, I never know whether it needs the spoiler black as well or not. Either way your Up looks top!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks good to me, black roof of very smart. Am also interested to hear about ride quality

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha ride quality is completely and utterly destroyed to be honest.. But it's as low as it can go so I'm not surprised!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does the new suspension hurt the insurance premiums much? I have always got back silly quotes for anything which even remotely suggests a 'modified' car

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
lupogtiboy said:
Looks great, loving the rims too! Nice Jetta in the background too!

I think that jetta is a 1991 2litre passat in disguise?

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did I spot this a Volksfling a few weekends ago?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Elfy said:
Can you tell me where you got the coilovers from and link to the website? Any issues with fitting?
I bought the coilovers from Ebay back in April for £220 including delivery charge :) They're FK AK Street! Just type in VW UP coilovers or Seat Mii etc etc depending on which you have and they should be the first to pop up!

·
Registered
233 Posts
morgenvw said:
Elfy said:
Can you tell me where you got the coilovers from and link to the website? Any issues with fitting?
I bought the coilovers from Ebay back in April for £220 including delivery charge :) They're FK AK Street! Just type in VW UP coilovers or Seat Mii etc etc depending on which you have and they should be the first to pop up!

Thanks, £180 plus £12.50 on Venom motorsport.

As they seem to lower so low unlike some of the more expensive brands I will be purchasing these. Will have to give them some good treatment before going on the car as I expect they will sieze up and rust being so cheap :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts