Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moisture in my vw up

Hello Forum, I am the unfortunate owner of a vw up from the second month 2012, I have many problems with the fog inside, VW found that there was water in the trunk, and the carpet in the car was damp. Are there others who have had similar problems and how they could solve them, VW has tried now 3 times to fix the problem.
unsuccessfully

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think everyone on here has had their leaks fixed first time.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Some people have had leaking windscreens and another had a leak between the rear glass and the hatch frame. New rear hatch needed.

Have they checked for leaks from the rear hatch/frame joint?

·
Registered
619 Posts
My car is going in to my dealer's bodyshop on Monday (12th Nov) so that a leak can be investigated. Both front footwells are wet, particularly the passenger side one. As a result, on cold days, the inside of the windscreen is covered in a heavy condensation and the carpets are beginning to smell!

I really like the car but I am verydisappointed with the build quality of the Up. This will be the third time I've had to return to the dealership with an issue and it is not what I would have expected from a car made by VW.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I hope you get it sorted soon dude, problem is, by the sound of it, that yours is on of the first off the production line, ever, so is bound to have teething problems. It's just a real shame that it would taint your view of VW, and more importantly, your new car and cause you inconveniences.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you read owners satisfaction surveys and the like, you will see that VW dont fair well. They generally finish around mid table and have done for years.
Im expecting my Skoda badged VW to have issues, unlike the real Skodas Ive owned which dont!

These leaks are pretty unforgivable, new cars dont leak as a rule but obviously VW have built way down to a price.

Are these leaks affecting early build cars only?

·
Registered
532 Posts
barryG said:
If you read owners satisfaction surveys and the like, you will see that VW dont fair well. They generally finish around mid table and have done for years.
Im expecting my Skoda badged VW to have issues, unlike the real Skodas Ive owned which dont!

These leaks are pretty unforgivable, new cars dont leak as a rule but obviously VW have built way down to a price.

Are these leaks affecting early build cars only?

Barry, what you are saying doesn't make any sense. The skodas were built in the plant which is now building ups! VW will not have chosen a bad plant for a car that means so much to them.

The up is a VW badged skoda.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes I know, but previous Skodas have always been built by Skoda in their own factories... the Citigo is the first Skoda not to have been assembled by themselves. Generally, Skodas have fewer issues than VW but obviously the Citigo is a VW through and through, hence my reasoning it will have issues!

·
Registered
113 Posts
They are bult in VWs Bratislava plant, where they also make Touregs, Q7s and bodies for Porsche. The Skoda factories are in the Czech Republic

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
619 Posts
Davec86 said:
I hope you get it sorted soon dude, problem is, by the sound of it, that yours is on of the first off the production line, ever, so is bound to have teething problems. It's just a real shame that it would taint your view of VW, and more importantly, your new car and cause you inconveniences.

A water leak is one of the most troublesome things to fix or track down on a car, so I was dismayed when I found my Up had squelching carpets. I may be doing the garage a disservice but I'm expecting this issue to take a long time to sort out, with perhaps repeat visits. Perhaps this is what happens if you are an 'early adopter'.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
There are a few people that have had leaks tho dude, so hopefully VW will know the source if the issue and get it sorted quick time

·
Registered
1 Posts
My UP is one of the early too. (Denmark)I just had my fog problem "fixed", it's a known case - they drill a few holes in a-pilar to drain the water.
I'm looking forward to see if it helps!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think they just enlarge an existing drain hole.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts