Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my sons 2017 UP beats just went for it’s first MoT and failed as the rear fog light wasn’t working
The has had a slight bump from behind and I suspect this has caused the connector above the wheel arch to break

I’m not with the car as it’s with my sons but they’ve sent me some pics of what they can see

anyone got any advice of what we need to replace? VW want £60 just to look at

I’m not sure which of the 2 connectors is broken or even if there are three connectors ( with a kind of joiner piece that needs to be replaced )
Any help appreciated
Si

·
Registered
57 Posts
From the photos, it looks like the "bump" was hard enough to snap connectors. I cannot believe that a bit of soldering and/or bodging cannot fix a simple electrical connection. At worst, a by-pass, insulated wire-link will do. This is (literally) basic schoolboy battery and bulb stuff, not £60+++ rocket science! Go round and smack your offspring on the wrist with a plastic ruler, or be 'bank of dad' forever. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Remove both broken connector block ends. Rejoin the wires with electrical connectors and wrap well in electrical tape. 5 minutes of time and maybe £2 for parts from Wilkos.

The youth of today! My 17 year old son is exactly the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts