Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a brilliant piece of kit for those of us who have no m&m. I have the move up and an iphone 4S with Co-Pilot sat nav and all my favourite albums. The MT5000 fits beautifully in the CD slot with a catch that can be turned clockwise that causes the bit that goes into the CD slot to open slightly (like a parting pair of lips!) which then causes the MT5000 to grip really tightly. It will not be shaken loose however many speed bumps you bounce over. You can orientate it in portait or landscape. Also, you can orientate portrait so that it hangs up or hangs down. It all depends what you are happy to obscure. I prefer it to hang down so I can see the air con button and fan. However it will obscure your stereo screen. I don't consider this an issue though because all the stereo says is Aux!

Some months ago i bought a very short aux lead that someone on the forum mentioned. It only cost a couple of pounds and links the phone to the stereo aux input without having a dangling lead - perfect!

If you have an iphone then you can ask Siri to play a particular album or a particular track for distraction free music selection. I do think m&m is a great piece of kit - but i think the iphone mounted in the MT5000 is even better: It doesn't obscure your windscreen, you can talk to it if you have siri and also, because it is a phone holder, no one will bother breaking into your car on the off chance that your sat nav or m&m has been put in the glove box because you would always take your phone with you. I can't praise the Mountek MT5000 highly enough. I had to order it from Mountek's US website and I received it about a week later. When the charge came through on my debit card it was slightly under £20. It's a steal.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Any chance you could post a photo? If you put it in the other way up does it prevent you using the heater controls? Looks like the perfect place to put the phone - better than having the m&m sticking up there. Oh and btw I find the free google maps a completely adequate free satnav!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I've a mountek on order, should be here soon, will photo it as going to swap my Brodit for it

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doowop said:
I was given two different types of sticky pad for Christmas and both were rubbish. The phone would always end up flying off and you invariably can't retrieve it while you're driving. Only the Mountek MT5000 does a proper job. If you buy a sticky pad you will regret it at best or crash your car at worst. Those sticky pad things are a menace!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I've a mountek on order, should be here soon, will photo it as going to swap my Brodit for it
That would be great! Are you anywhere near Mauchline btw. I have family there and I mean to visit.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Have you got it yet, PD? And if so are you happy? I've just switched to unlimited data, so all I need now is the best mount!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Yes, it's brilliant, much better than the brodit, better line of sight and fit the phone with ANY case. Only prob is it obscures the radio display but I never use it anyway, it's nice to travel to work listening to commercial-free Knox from San Jose !

Took 3 full weeks to arrive from usa though...well worth the wait

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Rough and ready Cellphone snap

·
Registered
525 Posts
Excellent! Thanks, I'll order one immediately. It'll be Jazz 88.3 from San Diego for me in the mornings!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I love the late night west coast USA stations for my commute....also like Aural Moon as I'm a prog-rocker at heart....yes, Crimson, porcupine tree etc etc

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Privatedoc said:
I love the late night west coast USA stations for my commute....also like Aural Moon as I'm a prog-rocker at heart....yes, Crimson, porcupine tree etc etc
I'm a massive prog fan too. Are there US radio channels that play nothing but prog?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
AlanG said:
I'm a massive prog fan too. Are there US radio channels that play nothing but prog?
Then you'll be wanting morrow , also at morrow.com

I listen on the 'Tunein Radio' app on my phone, you will find Hackett , yes, genesis, rush, gentle giant , etc etc

Fabulous station and next to no commercial/dj rubbish

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Oops, that'sMorow with one R.

Morrow with 2 Rs is a tower crane company !!!

Sorry!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Privatedoc said:
Oops, that'sMorow with one R.

Morrow with 2 Rs is a tower crane company !!!

Sorry!
Great. Will give it a go. For the record, my favourite progger is Rob Reed of Magenta, Kompendium, Chimpan A, etc.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hey! Mine only took 6 days to arrive from the states. Great little thing. Just need the perfect length of charging lead now! Thanks all for the info.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts