Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my phone (iphone) to be securely mounted in the car , mainly for apps like drivegain, speedcam etc so I've always used Brodit non-damaging brackets......thought I'd do a search for one and found this...hopefully the pics will show.

Part Number 654737 obviously will fit a mii and citigo too

The pics were taken on a LHD and reversed, make sure you order the RHD for UK (doh!)

alltogether a neat solution....you then can buy the phone-specific holder as well

Great if you don't want to retrofit M&M

John

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
havent bought it yet, they are available in lots of places, even amazon...do a google search for BRODIT I think the company is swedish

here you go

http://brodit.se/brodit.html?locale=en&pn=home

there MUST be a reseller in Denmark cost for the car specific bracket in UK is around £14 and they really do NO Damage to the car, I've just listed the one from my old car on ebay (mercedes) but am keeping the iphone holder ready to mount on the UP! specific one when I order it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Here's another way. I'm sure it's not as solid, but it does also give
you hands free phone, an additional usb charging socket and a line out
for the aux input as well as the FM transmitter, which is as good as any
other FM transmitter! Oh, and it charges the phone, which was why I
bought one, because I needed a charger and I thought for a few quid more
I might as well have the rest. I was wondering how well it would fit
in the up, but it puts the phone more or less where the brodit does.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-TuneBase-Handsfree-Digital-Charger/dp/B0048JTTII/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yapmaul I was bought one of these. Don't you find that the bendy arm is not stiff enough and keeps flailing around? I woundnt recommend one for that exact reason, it doesn't stay put, mine usually ends up horizontal and on the centre console, which is a right royal pain

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bendy arm ones are not too secure, they do bend after all, worst scenario is they rub on the car trim and damage it

Having tried loads of solutions, I always return to Brodit as they are just so good....ordering mine now!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
try simplymounts.com (I have no connection with them)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Bugbabe, it was definitely a bit annoying plugged into the dash but it looks like it might be better in the up! Not the best, I agree, and pointless if you have m&m, but handy if you have one lying around, and cheap to buy, so not bad for occasional use. I have to admit that placing a touchscreen phone on a bendy stalk is a bit if a weird idea! Reviews on Amazon are entertaining- an even spread from one to five stars! I never know what to make of that.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It was absolutely fine apart from the stalk not being stiff enough for my needs (story of my life
)

Worked well apart from that. My daughter uses it now and doesn't complain because it was given to her and it's better than the cable she used to have hanging out of her tape deck

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is my Brodit Bracket with iPhone Holder

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Easily clips in and out, no panel damage and really solid mount.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That Proclip is a very good solution. Used to have one in my Seat and Citroen, have received it for the Up as well now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks privatedoc for your Brodit phone holder recommendation. Just fitted it and very pleased with it. Nice one.
Only issue is the screws they sent didn't seem to work (too short to really grip the plastic) had to use some I found in the shed. Not ideal but everything else is sweet!

·
Registered
677 Posts
do you not get any interference having your iPhone so close to the stereo like that? if I ever have my iPhone on the wee ledge bitty under the stereo where the cup holder is I always get interference. So I have to pop it in the cup holder behind the hand brake!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, no interference

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take a look at this:

https://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnickgmadsen.mono.net%2Fmobilholder&edit-text=&act=url

1 - 20 of 35 Posts