Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, soon to be Move up! owner here,

I've just received a call from the dealer and my new Candy white Move up! will be ready early March with 13' plates. Very excited! Very impressed with the car when I test drove it and felt the Move up was a good choice as I was on a tight budget. The one thing I regret is not ordering the sound pack (although tried but was too late) as I heard the standard speakers weren't great. How good are the standard speakers?

Thanks for reading.

Dan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi there, I picked up my Move up! on valentines day - have called her Valerie
I didn't want to wait for a factory build just for the sound pack so having read a few reviews on here that the sound system was a bit rubbish my expectations were quite low..

Having said that I think they are fine, especially when playing music from your iPhone.. I think the sound is really nice and of a good quality - the radio sounds a bit kind of retro
but I don't mind that so much.

I did see on here that someones dealer offered to fit the sound pack retrospectively, I asked my dealer if they would do the same and they said yes it can be done... for a whopping £330
- so a £230 increase so I think I will live with the car as it is for now and have a think about it..

I hope that helps

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the standard sound and it sound great to me, no crackling or distortion just no sound in the rear which doesn't bother me.

I find the MP3 player sounds better than the radio, but both sound good to me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
GoDanP said:
How good are the standard speakers?
In terms of sound quality I'd rate the Up's stereo alongside a low-end Vauxhall from the early 90s, i.e. pretty woeful.

It depends on whether you value such things though I guess, some people seem happy enough with it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sadly the standard speakers are pretty poor,mainlydue to being full range type and low power magnets. It is a real shame you were not able to order the soundpack. Better door speakers can be retrofitted though even as a DIY job, although I did not find it the easiest set of speakers to replace, but well worth it for the improvement in sound. I used some £15 two way speakers from Maplin's and the sound quality was quite a big jump with some basic speakers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I do value the sound of music of course but didn't think they were anywhere as 'bad' as some folk thought they were - I may well investigate some more speakers when I feel like spending some more ££££ on the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for you help. Luckily I don't use the radio much and use my iPhone so not to worried about the radio quality itself. I'll have to wait and see what they are like when I pick the car up in a week or so, but I expect I'll replace the door speakers in the future. Very exciting otherwise, got free servicing, mats and full tank of fuel including other gifts as they were doing a 'VIP' weekend so very pleased with deal I got. Roll on 1st March

·
Registered
430 Posts
The standard speakers are perfectly adequate for talk radio or background music, however,If your used to high quality music systems played at reasonable volume you will require a speaker upgrade at least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts