Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought id introduce myself to other forum members!

I've just ordered a White Move Up! Bluemotion with M&M and the upgraded speaker pack.

Not sure of an estimated delivery yet as its through a car scheme at my work and I have to wait until Tuesday for the company to get back in contact after my order online!! Should imagine it will be 10 - 12 weeks at least, and thats going to seem like a very long time!!

Had a great test drive today and was amazed at just how responsive the little engine is given its size!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Hi wayman and welcome to the forum!

glad to hear youve chosen the up! :) The normal waiting time for delivery if you order direct through a VW dealer is 12 weeks+ at the moment, so I can imagine it'll be the same for you too. It seems like a long time, but coming on here helps the time pass with ease... although it does get annoying seeing everyone elses up arrive before! lol

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi there Wayman and welcome to the forum.

Fingers crossed you won't have too long to wait. I've also ordered the Move up! with BMT but went for the light blue and panoramic sunroof. Got build week 20 which I think is next week and an estimated delivery of early to mid June.

You're right though, the wait seems like forever and reading on the forum about all the lucky people who've already taken delivery of theirs makes you very envious.

Hope you enjoy reading all the great posts on here and chatting with other up! fans, they're a great, friendly bunch and very helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
clowesa.... i think our ups are going to be build buddies, mine is built week 20 too (which is week begining 14th!)

·
Registered
956 Posts
willowaz said:
clowesa.... i think our ups are going to be build buddies, mine is built week 20 too (which is week begining 14th!)

Aw that's nice. They might even be on the same ship coming over and can get to know each other better, lots of girly gossip about accessorising LOL.

Did the dealer give you an estimated delivery?

·
Registered
553 Posts
clowesa said:
willowaz said:

Aw that's nice. They might even be on the same ship coming over and can get to know each other better, lots of girly gossip about accessorising LOL.

I Don't Belive It!

(in best Victor Meldrew voice)

"The Wife" has jsut got back from the VW garage, went with one of the boys who's trying to offload his Scirrocco, and we've been given Build week 21!!!

That's the week after you Willowaz and we ordered the week before you if memory serves me right!

Expected Deilvery end of June!

I also got a gift from the sales chap who agrees we should get 2 remote keys!

A red badge saying "drive up!" from the launch in Spain.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the forum Justin. Hope the wait for ou car oes quickly. There are some long suffering members on this forum

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Wayman! welcome :) we've ordered a White Move Up with the works, and Bluemotion except for the sound pack. Ours was build week 17 so hopefully receive it soon, ordered it 3rd March. Will update the site about photos and performance when we can. Hopefully will help ease the wait for you. I reckon if you like, take an UP at your dealer for a few more test drives or so whilst waiting... :)

Good luck with the wait.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
M5 SUT said:
clowesa said:
willowaz said:

I Don't Belive It!

"The Wife" has jsut got back from the VW garage, went with one of the boys who's trying to offload his Scirrocco, and we've been given Build week 21!!!

That's the week after you Willowaz and we ordered the week before you if memory serves me right!

I'm estimated delivery around week 2-3 of june....

and yes youre right, I didnt order mine until 23rd march, so I cant believe your build week is after mine when you ordered 2 weeks before? I'd try and find out why so long for yours?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just ordered my white up with bluemotion, Maps + More & Sound pack too, garage had one on the way so i grabed it not coming till end of june if I waited and got the red one like i wanted it would have been 16 to 20 weeks wait,
had test drive in up white very nice to drive and nippy too

·
Registered
956 Posts
M5 SUT said:
clowesa said:
willowaz said:

I Don't Belive It!

Don't understand either. I ordered mine same day as Willowaz (23rd March) & also got build week 20 & estimated early/mid June delivery. Do you think perhaps your dealer may have been a bit slow placing the order with VW?

·
Registered
553 Posts
THANKS !!!.........

JUST..................

THANKS...............

Its just me ........ nobody loves me ..........

OR!

My sales chap is playing a blinder and its REALLy on ts way and he's going to give us a call out of the blue and say

"TA DA..."

well maybe not! probably had ordered all their quota for that month and ours had to wait!

Still its not like I'M BOTHERED!!!!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome.
Sadly there is not a logical queueing system for getting the car, it all depends on dealer allocations, the amount they have already sold and the amount of preorders placed - sadly that is impossible to find out when you order and it is a lottery. I ordered on the 3rd March, was originally told 6th June delivery (ie standard 12 weeks), I then had a couple of months of 'everything is on track' followed by a 'we have had the production week allocated , it is week 26 !!' Of course by the time that you get this far it is too late to do anything about it. We have thus gone from a 3 month delay to a 5 month delay - given our holidays in August we will probably shift that to the 1st September giving us 6 months !! I really dislike the VW system.
Edited by: davidw

·
Registered
553 Posts
davidw said:
Welcome.
Sadly there is not a logical queueing system for getting the car, it all depends on dealer allocations, the amount they have already sold and the amount of preorders placed - sadly that is impossible to find out when you order and it is a lottery. I ordered on the 3rd March, was originally told 6th June delivery (ie standard 12 weeks), I then had a couple of months of 'everything is on track' followed by a 'we have had the production week allocated , it is week 26 !!' Of course by the time that you get this far it is too late to do anything about it. We have thus gone from a 3 month delay to a 5 month delay - given our holidays in August we will probably shift that to the 1st September giving us 6 months !! I really dislike the VW system.
Oh Dear !!

And I thought we had it bad!

Proves the old saying "there is always someone worse off than you"

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome Wayman, good choice!! We picked up our Move up! Blue Motion last week and we love it, I thought when I first drove it that it would be strange the engine cutting out at stop position, with brake on and not in gear, but it brought a smile to my face, because as soon as you press the clutch the engine immediately starts again, it's fun! We also have the White with maps and more, drivers assistance pack and spare wheel we love our dinky up! We originally ordered a Take up! But changed our mind at the last minute when the dealer had this White Move up! With all the extras, oh and Winter pack too, forgot that
Enjoy your Move up! it's worth the wait!

·
Registered
553 Posts
willowaz said:
M5 SUT said:
clowesa said:
willowaz said:

I Don't Belive It!

I'm estimated delivery around week 2-3 of june....

and yes youre right, I didnt order mine until 23rd march, so I cant believe your build week is after mine when you ordered 2 weeks before? I'd try and find out why so long for yours?
Just want to see what another quote will look like

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I was going to quote yours then... but then i thought no... we should stop taking over someone elses thread....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts