Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my white Move Up! on 20th July and it finally arrived yesterday, so not a bad wait to be honest.

The online order tracking was useless. Car showed still in transport even on the day I collected.

Whiterose VW in Crosshills have generally been very good and called me today to see how I was getting on and if I had any problems.

Gave it a good check over and couldn't see any problems - all the paintwork seems to be the same colour!

Ordered it with Maps N More which won't be here until Monday. Got mats and spare wheel chucked in and I purchased the 3 year servicing for £299. So in theory worry free and cheap motoring for the next 3 years.

Have driven about 50 miles so far and I am as impressed as I was on the test drive.

Points of note:

Definately can hear some induction roar as low speeds, but not all the time - depends on engine load.

Haven't mastered a quick(er) get away yet - seems to either bog down, or I experience some weird clutch juddering effect. (But it might be that I am feeling the 3 cylinders thru the transmission?).

takes some getting used to the way the engie performs, but to be host it's quite gutsy at low revs and pulls the gearing very weill considering. That said it still gets upto 70mph at a reasonable pace.

The gear change up indicator is having a laugh - expects me to change up at less than 2K RPM and be in 5th by 35mph... It is do-able but rogress is hardly stellar. I find changing up at 2.5-3K RPM works best.

Loving the 3 cylinder engine note!

Steering is super light, and noise levels on the road are very low for a car of this type.

Fit and finish is very good and certainly better than the other super minis I looked at.

Sound thru standard 2 speakers seems OK - but time will tell.

Doesn't seem to be a decernable decrease in engine power with the aircon on.

Though the single leccy window switch per side would be an issue, but I can reach the passneger one anyway.

The Wife loves it and my 14 year old son loves it! (He will be adopting this car when he is old enough to drive).

Lots of people look and point at the car when you are at traffic lights etc. (not had that since I got one of the very first FIAT500 Sportings way back).

So all in all very happy so far - will post an update later! Happy Up-ing! :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Enjoy the car

The best engine note comes at approx 4500 rpm! Sound like a Porsche right then.

Edited by: ZillUp

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
ZillUp said:
The best engine note comes at approx 4500 rpm! Sound like a Porsche right then.

windows down and a long tunnel........magical sound ! (or perhaps that was the C63 AMG that passed me!)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
actually does have that flat 6 thrum even if it is a vertical 3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts