Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if anyone is particularly interested, but I'll tell you anyway!
I was inspired a while back by another members photos of an LED interior light upgrade, but gutted when I found out that move/take Up!s have festoon bulbs as not wedges like the high/black/whites.
Anyway, some digging and I found two solutions - one being a festoon adaptor that plugs into a panel of LEDSs, seemed like a good call, but the one I ordered turned out too big to fit behind the diffuser. Second being essentially a festoon bulb, but the glass/filament centre has even replaced with a metal block with two white LEDs sat inside.
Turns out the second works an looks best, and can be bought from HellFrauds for about £10. Winner.
The pictures don't do it justice I don't think, but it throws out a nice, crisp white light, and plenty of it. Happy days. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I say, the bulbs in a Move Up! are festoon bulbs, and I am told those in a High Up! are wedge type bulbs, 501s maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, well maybe it will help for those sans sunroof. Either way, take it it leave it as you will.
Just thought I'd share my experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,

Bit of a thread hijack but my question is in relation to LED bulbs

can someone please confirm what type of bulbs the DRL's are?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you use the forum search, there is a thread dedicated to bulb types, in fact, it's a sticky. You can't miss it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
b82ry said:
I have changed the original interior bulb to this one:http://www.ebay.com/itm/310524860211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649Works good when turned on, but when I set switch to "door opened" mode, LED is shining on minimal power (can't notice in day). Maybe some suggestions, how to turn it off?
I had the same issue on my Bravo. This is solved by installing CANBUS LEDs. Basically those are LEDs with an added resistor. Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-CANBUS-Festoon-Dome-6-LED-5050-SMD-Interior-Bulb-Light-36mm-White-DC-12V-/221163517137?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337e5f74d1&vxp=mtr

Edited by: ccm

·
Registered
13 Posts
No problem.
You can also weld the resistor yourself, but its much more elegant to buy this LED with integrated resistor. And the cost is really low.

·
Registered
176 Posts
A number of you have changed the interior light to LED, but can anyone tell me how to remove the plastic lens that covers the bulb.

Very nervous of inserting a screwdriver on the wrong side and breaking it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just pop a flat blade in between the plastic diffuser and the headlining on the side nearest the windscreen and pop it out. You literally only have to push it in about 1mm. It's worth popping your finger behind the flat blade too so that you don't crush the headlining.
If you're still unsure, I'll take a few photos later for you

1 - 20 of 31 Posts