Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now had my 3 door Move-up for almost 2 weeks and wanted to check out if anyone knows how to prevent the radio muting when you go into reverse? I know you need to hear the sensors but I'm sure as in previous cars they could both work at the same time?
Also,I need to move the driver's seatback forwardsevery timeI get in to put my bag behind my seat and then because you cannot just push the seatback back into position (you have to use the seatback adjustment lever to return it) thenevery timeI drive the car I have to reposition my driving position - anything I'm missing here to avoid the niggle?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I haven't got parking sensors so can't help there but the seat doesn't return to position unfortunately. When I'm in my 3 door I bung my bag in the front or the boot.

Come on you Rams!! I'm from Ripley, presumably you're a Derbyshire Upper?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes COYR! the Ramscar stickers fill the bottom of the back window and look fab! Long trip for home games - not sure yet whether we'll chance the UP for those - but please QPR, Reading are down and Bournemouth are promoted as they're like home fixtures for us!
Guess its going to have to be the front seat or boot in the future for my bag!

·
Registered
811 Posts
It's good to see a dedicated Rams fan so far from Derby, maybe next year for the Premiership..... As long as Forest don't go up I will be satisfied.

How about some pictures of those stickers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

You are a star - didn't miss the sports bulletin whilstI parallel parked this morning -very many thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having lived in Denmark for 2 yearsI can understand why you use the boot but there's much more traffic and delays etc here so you never know when you'll need your bag!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I may just have long arms, but i've managed to fold the rear seats down, and grab a banana from the boot, while seated in the drivers seat - and driving... :D

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If you were driving at the time you must have a small brain to go with your long arms!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like the idea of having a very long brolly in the back so you can poke the parcel shelf down when you've left it up - happened to me twice yesterday!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sue.Lemonade said:
I like the idea of having a very long brolly in the back so you can poke the parcel shelf down when you've left it up - happened to me twice yesterday!

That's a brilliant idea!

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's brilliant! Thanks. Are you from Derby originally?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes went to school in Allestree then Horsley Woodhouse back to Allestree before moving to kettering for senior school. Grew up round corner from Brian Clough and parents were friends with them so football was a given!
Have you supported them long too?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Since the '70s when they were in the first division with Kevin Hector and Archie Gemmill playing for them.

I have a vivid memory of seeing Brian Clough driving through Quarndon in his Mercedes in those days - I am pretty old though....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
doesn't sound old to me -I can still name the 70's team! Guess we've reached a sensible stage in life opting for an UP!

·
Registered
811 Posts
That must be it, I always hoped I would become sensible one day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts