Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Move Up! on 23 March & been told estimated delivery date is 30 July!!! Really hope it's gonna be sooner than that

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, can't wait to get the car. Ordered the BlueMotion technology, panoramic sunroof & maps & more infotainment centre, along with the cornsilk dash and anthracite seats. Also gone for the full autoglym protection.

Only problem I'm having is with the actual colour of the car. I've never really liked black, white or red cars and the only other option was the light blue, non metallic so that's what I've gone for. Trouble is, it's really difficult to see the colour on the VW website and there are no photo's of a blue Up! anywhere. I suppose I've taken a bit of a risk as I might absolutely hate the blue but hey, life's all about taking risks, I'm sure I'll love the car regardless.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm sure you will.

Have a look at different polls and cast your votes, unfortunately I don't think your colour is there as it wasn't an option when the poll was first set up!

The Maps & More has been a must for most of us. There is a wealth of info in various threads.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome, clowesa

A Move up! BMT! Like it! That's my favourite, and the one I test-drove. I had a look under the bonnet, and the battery is much bigger than the normal one. The battery cables are much thicker, too, I guess to handle the rapid charging and discharging generated by the stop-start and intelligent alternator. Should be very light on fuel, too.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and thanks. Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. Apparently should do around 69-70mpg on combined cycle. Not absolutely certain how this stop/start technology works but plan to find out more before I take delivery of Giddy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
.... that is sad... sorry to hear about the wait. Trust it will bumped up sooner! :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
My average MPG figures with my Move Up Bluemotion have ranged from 55mpg to 75mpg so very good. All depends on the type of driving you do. The Maps + More is great in that it tracks your consumption and the 'Think Blue' will try to train you to consume less.

With Start Stop when you stop, are in neutral and take your foot off the clutch the car shuts off. As soon as you put your foot back on the clutch it starts up again and you can move away. The car is clever in that it will not do Start Stop if you are slow moving before you stop. (so if you are starting and stopping constantly in heavy traffic)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Tomodo, appreciate the info, that's really helpful. I do drive in some pretty heavy traffic and I must admit to being a bit nervous about whether I'd end up stalling at every red traffic light but I'm OK with that now thanks to you.

And 55-75 is really good. I've gone from an A Class Mercedes to a Toyota Aygo and get around 55-60 right now, which I thought was pretty good but sounds like the Up! should beat the socks off it. And much as it's a nippy little car and fun to drive, the Aygo doesn't come anywhere close to the Up! in build quality, and that's just based on a short test drive.

Roll on July

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks MoreUp, I'm really hoping it's one of those dealership ploys where they give you a ridiculously long estimated delivery time and then miraculously produce the car in half the time to make themselves look good. Keeping everything crossed as I'm really excited about getting the car, especially after everything I've been reading about it. Edited by: clowesa

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome to the forum! and welcome to the pain of waiting haha! you are in good company :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Managed an average of 79MPG going to work, though coming home it was closer to 55mpg so I guess it averages out in the end.Definitelybetter all round than my old Citroen C1.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Willowaz. After everything I've read on the forum, I'm starting to think my dealer theory is rather optimistic. Looks like I might be waiting till end of July after all

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, 79mpg is really good and even the averaged out figure is high. This forum's just making me more impatient than ever LOL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum..................my husband thought i was really sad joining it, i cant believe how excited everyone is, i thought it was just me! Im waiting for a call today to confirm collection tomorrow. Mybudget only allowed me to go for the 'take up'the only luxury i have is pearl effect black paint and maps & more! So when i see you all in the summer driving around in your top of the range versions i will be 'well jel'

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Tiny10, thanks for the welcome. I couldn't go for the top end model either but the idea of £0 tax and really good fuel consumption pushed me to go for the Move Up! BMT. At least you'll have your new baby tomorrow, I'm 'well jel' about that as it's killing me having to wait. Have a fun weekend whizzing around and post some pics, I don't usuallylike black cars but I like the sound of pearl effect black.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank-you! ive had a call from the dealership and shes waiting for me so i can pick her up at 4pm tomorrow
if i can work out how to do it i will post some pics.I have to take my son to football on Sunday about 50 miles from where i live so i will have an idea about fuel consumption too. And hopefully i wont get lost with my maps & more!
I havent driven a manual car for years as my Jeep is automatic i hope i can remember how to do it LOL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer will not even call me back to tell me when my car may be delivered. Ordered about a week later than you. I will be well peeved if I end up waiting to August, even more so if they keep evading my calls.

Really looking forward to my up!, but wishing I had gone to a different, rather than my closest, VW dealer. They are not exactly thin on the ground! But I expect you can't expect Audi levels of service at VW prices?

·
Registered
553 Posts
gjp said:
My dealer will not even call me back to tell me when my car may be delivered. Ordered about a week later than you. I will be well peeved if I end up waiting to August, even more so if they keep evading my calls.

Really looking forward to my up!, but wishing I had gone to a different, rather than my closest, VW dealer. They are not exactly thin on the ground! But I expect you can't expect Audi levels of service at VW prices?
Oh yes you can!

At least round here you can and more! The local Audi garage isn't a patch on our local VW garage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts