Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there , Happy Easter.

Can anyone help to advise what’s the difference between a Move Up and a High Up in terms of spec, I’m assuming its minimal?

I have a High Up , 2016 . Considering the upgrade to 2019 or later Move Up, and wondered what features, if any, that I’ll be missing.

Thanks!
Bella

·
Registered
108 Posts
The major difference is Move up is only available as 60hp and seems a generally a lower spec. Move up has no heated seats

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Bella, In the High Up :-
Heated seats.
Better seat trim
Front Fog / turn lights.
75bhp. as against 60hp.
Leather rimmed steerng wheel
Steering wheel controls for radio, MFA etc, (although maybe not on your 2015 car)
More likely to have "extra" spec wheels like Triangle . Upsilon or Polygon
More likely to have Sport pack (black rear windows, lowered suspension)
None of the above on a standard spec Move Up. I had one as a loan car when the TSi went in for service and it's first MOT. It felt cheap in comparison. You may miss the extras of a High Up

My Mrs won't now have a new Move Up because there's no heated seats, her favourite feature. She currently has a High Up Tsi from 2018, with the turbo 90bhp motor, and all the above High Up features.
Unfortunately the nearest spec she can get to her 2018 car is a 60bhp "R Line", but the new price is now over £15000. Even pre-reg and ex demo ones are just coming onto the market, but are still between £13500 & £14000.
Hope that helps

Reactions: Bella Z

·
Registered
337 Posts
There's some big price differences, our car was £7.5k nearly new. Only £20 road tax & steel wheels, what's not to like 😍 2014 move up. Keeping it as long as we can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you SO much - that was super helpful.
Your Mrs is lucky to have the tsi - I would love on! But sooo expensive!

Bella, In the High Up :-
Heated seats.
Better seat trim
Front Fog / turn lights.
75bhp. as against 60hp.
Leather rimmed steerng wheel
Steering wheel controls for radio, MFA etc, (although maybe not on your 2015 car)
More likely to have "extra" spec wheels like Triangle . Upsilon or Polygon
More likely to have Sport pack (black rear windows, lowered suspension)
None of the above on a standard spec Move Up. I had one as a loan car when the TSi went in for service and it's first MOT. It felt cheap in comparison. You may miss the extras of a High Up

My Mrs won't now have a new Move Up because there's no heated seats, her favourite feature. She currently has a High Up Tsi from 2018, with the turbo 90bhp motor, and all the above High Up features.
Unfortunately the nearest spec she can get to her 2018 car is a 60bhp "R Line", but the new price is now over £15000. Even pre-reg and ex demo ones are just coming onto the market, but are still between £13500 & £14000.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
926 Posts
Shop around, is probably everyone's advice.

I happen to have a Citigo version that came with 75ps, pearlescent black paint, heated seats, electric heated mirrors, stop-start, black-out rear windows, DAB radio, twin-lamp headlights, leather steering wheel (and gaiter, gear shift & and handbrake), steering wheel phone & stereo buttons, 16" alloys, and more bits I can't even remember....

OK, no big deal, but the point is that Up!s, Mii's and Citigos all came in various specs, so depending on what your "essential features" might be, there may be more of a selection than is obvious if you only look at the VW badging!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Once had an Arosa with alloy wheels :( never again. When they get a few years old you're forever pumping the [email protected] up.
In fact still got the car.. It's now got Lupo steel wheels on it :love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts