Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had resigned myself to thinking the Move Up I have ordered comes with manual joystick like controls for controlling wing mirrors on both passenger and drivers doors, but in the interior picture shown in the review below it looks very much like the wing mirrors are electronically controlled...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/grouptests/281467/volkswagen_move_up_10.html

There don't look to be any buttons for heated seats or fogs on that test ca so no winter pack by the looks of it...

Could any Move up owners confirm for me what you get in the Move to control the wing mirrors? I was in a hair's breadth of ordering the winter pack as that advises that it brings "electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors" with it.

If any Move up owners could let me know that would be a big help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there - we have a new Move Up! with no winter pack and the answer is that you use the little stalks to manually adjust the wing mirrors - ie there is no electric motor

tbh wehaven't found this any problem, actually just went out to check as haven't adjusted thm from new (all 260 miles), would quite liike to have heated seats though but you have to stop somewhere!

Cheers Mike

The car is fab btw

·
Registered
144 Posts
ive ordered my move up and it comes with stick mirrors :( i thought the winter pack had electric mirrors Edited by: lilsumo

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nice one Mike!

Glad to see your up fits so well you didn't need to adjust the mirrors

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is very interesting as we have a Move up! with no winter pack but it does have electrically operated and heated door mirrors<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do they not come as part of the winter pack?Edited by: 911sse

·
Registered
22 Posts
We just ordered the standard Move up! and according to the specification I have seen the electric mirrors are standard<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mr Frampers, do you have your move up! yet? Mine should be ready to collect this week :D but I was also wondering about the specs of a standard move up with nothing added.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, we have had it for about a month. Will try to remember what it has as my wife is using it.. Remote central locking, electrically operated and heated door mirrors, air conditioning, radio/CD player with MP3 input jack, height adjustable seats, adjustable boot floor, split rear seats. That is all I can think of at the moment but there may be more<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
54 Posts
That sounds about right to me, I'm sure thats what it comes with as standard. I did think it was just manual stalks to move the mirrors, but maybe I'll get a nice suprise!

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Winter pack is option with heated and electric adjustable door mirrors comes with fog lights and heated seats .Option on take up and move up.Standard on high
black white UP!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just a thought...

People are not confusing the base entry level 'Take up!' here with the 'Move up!' model are they ???

Best wishes

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well we have a "move up" with no packs added and the wing mirrors are certainly *not* electrically adjustable.

I just checked the vw website for the up! and on the "move up" electrically adjustable and heated mirrors are described as "not available" in other words they cannot be specified as an extra (they may be part of a pack of course)

They are listed as standard on the "High up!"

Cheers MikeEdited by: mikemike39

·
Registered
56 Posts
mikemike39 said:
Well we have a "move up" with no packs added and the wing mirrors are certainly *not* electrically adjustable.

I just checked the vw website for the up! and on the "move up" electrically adjustable and heated mirrors are described as "not available" in other words they cannot be specified as an extra (they may be part of a pack of course)

Cheers Mike
I've a Move Up on order and I expected manual mirrors as per the brochure/configurator spec. Interesting that Frampers ended up with electric mirrors - perhaps some error on the assembly line? Lucky Frampers!

·
Registered
128 Posts
TwoUp said:
mikemike39 said:

Cheers Mike
I've a Move Up on order and I expected manual mirrors as per the brochure/configurator spec. Interesting that Frampers ended up with electric mirrors - perhaps some error on the assembly line? Lucky Frampers!

Lucky Error !!!

Would the model now, technically be a F*** up! ???? ;)

Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm really confuzzled now!
In that review there are definately no stalks formoving the mirrors, yet all the brochures say its manual stalks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Iconcur; I'm really confused!!

I would love electronically adjusted wing mirrors, but it sounds like this is unlikely - Frampers I would love to know how you've got a Move up with that option. With a VW do you get a spec sheet when you receive a new car? If so could you have a look at that for me re: the wing mirror options?

It's odd that in the review and Frampers Move up you've got a vanilla Move up with electric mirrors, but clearly some havereceivedmanual stalks. If anyone can explain this, I owe them a drink!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts