Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello VW UP owners!

I ordered VW Move UP! Bluemotion Tech 3dr Mayan Blue recently and i thought that it would be good idea to join up forum. Unfortunately my up will be delivered on 10/09 so i got 2 loooong months to survive before i would be able to drive it!

Cheers Pat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi this is my first post too. My move up 5 door Mayan blue mini beast will be delivered to me in two weeks I've been waiting since beginning of April but these last two weeks will feel the longest!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Pat and Cocom,

both welcome to our forum!

I had to wait 11 weeks plus one day ...

And this in Germany (without ferry transport) ...

I know that my up! was first brought from Bratislava to Wolfsburg and then "back" to my dealer in Dortmund. It was one of the last "2014" up!s. You will both get the model year "2015" up! (with tyre control system) ...

I have a black up! with red dash ...
Seems that VW Germany stopped this option for 2015 (after they have seen my up! ???
) ...

As you both have orded a Mayan Move up! ...
Do you both have black balck interior (with white roof lining) or did someone order a white interor version?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i picked black interior as in my opinion white didn't suit that amazing Mayan BLue :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've gone the black too as White isn't a great mix with two Labradors!
I was initially given a delivery date if sept 12th so was thrilled to get a call a few days ago to say it was here. What is the tyre sensor you mention?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Cocom said:
... What is the tyre sensor you mention?
Can only speak about Germany - but as all up!s are made in Bratislava and zimbo's new (Mayan Blue) high up! has it too ...

The EU forces car builders by law to build in a tyre pressure control system. You get warned if the pressure is too low (puncture or just time). Tyres with much too low pressure can cause bad accidents at high speed ...

It will become law in November (?) but VW realized it on the up! with the new 2015 model year (started May 2014 building date).

You have a control lamp in your cockpit and also and "SET" button near the 12V ...
Tyre pressure can be between 2.2 and 2.5 bar, depending on load. You fill in the right amount of air and push the "SET" button and the car knows that this pressure isn't too high or low but correct ...

Mine doesn't have it as it was built in late April ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh that sounds like something I could with I'm useless at checking tyre pressure so be good to have something telling me. Hopefully my car will have it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
As you get your car in September, it will be a 2015 model ...
And as 2015 high up!s have it (fullfilling comming law), the move up! will surely have it too ...

Here is a photo zimbo made some days ago ...
http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/shes-here_topic5573_page1.html
You see the SET button. The same symbol is in the display (appears when tyre pressure is wrong).

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cadfael do you know whether it is possible to buy maps and more separately or is it assigned to one and only car? I didn't pick it as I thought that I won't need it but over a time and tens of reviews seen I think that it is a good technology to own in UP.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Wisne,

Go to your dealer a.s.a.p. and ask him if the order can be changed ...
It might still be possible??? 2 month to go - but hurry!!!

Someone in the forum retrofited it - but it is not easy and a lot of "individual work" ...
Trying to change order would be best ...

And yes; a German car magazine tested several navis. M&M was better than more expensive systems in other VW cars (or by other brands).

If you have time tomorrow, visit your dealer. Every day might count.
Don't know if this was possible in Germany - and so not in England. It it is worse a try ...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Pat, welcome to the forum .It won't be long before you have your new car, lovely colour, good choice you have
made, as my wife has the Mayan blue,five door, she loves it to bits. Hope the time flys by for you, it will give you loads
of time to catch up with all the news and gossip on the site Kind regards phill

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm getting my car this month (was originally given delivery date of September) so hopefully I'll have the tyre pressure function but I may be just a little too early?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi . welcom to the forum .your two weeks will fly ,you won't be dissapointed you have also picked the best colour .
Hope you have miles and miles of fun and trouble free motoring , Regards phill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts