Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, having spent a little while looking around here I figured I should say hello!

Recently had my MINI Cooper S written off and felt it was time to move away from years of MINIs. Actually really wanted to love the Fiat 500 but it wasn't for me. However,I took a little Up! for a test drive at the weekend and that was it

Now excitedly awaiting the arrival of a tungsten silver High Up! with sports and sound packs. Can't wait!

Great forum by the way, very informative and friendly... could be in danger of costing me a fortune in mods though!

Jules

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey,

I got shot of my MINI last year, I haven't regretted at all. Also you will save loads in fuel and tax cost too :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Cooper S...had one of the first of those...what a blast, I loved it....even tracked it at Knockhill.......but as has been said......rather pricey to run, esp in front tyres!

You'will love the UP....a wise choice, welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
ps, I too so wanted the 500 to be good, tested an Abarth esseesse but hated it...built out of biscuit tins and not very thick ones at that!....fast though!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supermegamonkee said:
Hey,

I got shot of my MINI last year, I haven't regretted at all. Also you will save loads in fuel and tax cost too :)
That's great to hear, Supermegamonkee! Looking forward to cheaper motoring but still having a fun little car to enjoy

Privatedoc said:
Cooper S...had one of the first of those...what a blast, I loved it....even tracked it at Knockhill.......but as has been said......rather pricey to run, esp in front tyres!

You'will love the UP....a wise choice, welcome to the forum!
Lots of fun and oh the supercharger whine
I had a couple of the later turbo charged models and won't miss the cost of replacing runflats.
Really looking forward to getting the Up! and have been spending far too much time on this forum looking at pretty pictures of them...

The 500s are cool cars but biscuit tinned based would be a very good description!

Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Received an email to say my little up! has made it to UK shores... Grimsby I think?

Very excited

Fortunately the wait to jump into an up! was cut short as my dealer very kindly put me in a lovely silver Move up! earlier this week. Have to say I'm completely delighted with it and can't wait for my own to arrive. Might actually be a bit sad to let to loaner go!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally collected the little Up! yesterday and I couldn't be happier!

Just a couple of pics of him home on the drive. Looking forward to fitting a Polo aerial and replacement bulbs over the weekend

·
Registered
202 Posts
excellent :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
pedalin said:
Looking forward to fitting a Polo aerial ....
Do explain, please! is it shorter than the as-supplied one (= 400mm). I ask because a shorter one would not get caught by the up-and-over garage door.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your kind comments, I'm so chuffed with it!

PeterWestSussex said:
pedalin said:
 Looking forward to fitting a Polo aerial ....
Do explain, please!  is it shorter than the as-supplied one (= 400mm).   I ask because a shorter one would not get caught by the up-and-over garage door.
Yes, the Up aerial is 16 inches whereas the Polo aerial is 7. You can pick them up off eBay cheaply enough

·
Registered
811 Posts
Looks great in that colour with those wheels.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sorry, but why use the polo aerial?

looks, cost, performance, length?

Thanks.

·
Registered
583 Posts
pedalin said:
Just a couple of pics of him home on the drive.
That's the first pic I've seen that actually captures the look of the paint - with a slight brownish / champagne hue in the (dark) silver.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Pedalin. Your Up! looks lovely! Good choice! I have also changed my ariel for a stubby one that I bought for my Yaris, as it looks much smarter, and changed my daytime running/side light bulbs to the MTEC ones and my headlamps for the Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold limited edition. You won't be disappointed! they are miles better than the originals!, and get rid of that "yellow" look.
Are doing any other mods to him? If so, what are your plans?
Enjoy!
Matt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't seen many in tungsten silver either, but looking forward to collecting mine tomorrow! When I said to our dealer that I hadn't seen many (any) on the road, he said he thought people thought they were 'just' silver (no offence to those of you with silver Ups!).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts