Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ordered an almost new move up! For collection on Thursday following an impressive test drive at the weekend. Went for the paint protection and scotchguard for the interior, not sure if this is worth getting?!

Having owned an Audi A2 TDi I'm going for another level of economy!

Cheers
Dr Jones

·
Registered
235 Posts
You can buy the Auto Glym 'Life Shine' kits on Ebay for less than £20 and it will take about an hour to complete - I chose this route as the c.£300 the dealers want is totally over the top.
You won't get the aftercare kit for your £20 but could buy a lot of Auto Glym Super Resin polish with the difference!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job it was a free 'deal sweetner' then!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Or you could have "chipped" them for a pound note discount instead. Never been a fan of these dealer "add ons" as there is a 500%+ mark up on most of these for the dealer (I know because I worked in the car trade). Anyway, as long as you are happy. VW rules!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had got agood cash discount offofthe ad price already, so I'm happy

·
Registered
592 Posts
You will always get at least 5 - 10% discount if no p/ex on used cars (and most new) as the dealer expects this, and builds it into the price. They jump for joy when a buyer has no p/ex and does not negotiate a discount. Cash or credit makes no difference to a discount - in fact they would prefer credit as they get a kickback from the finance company.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I heard they can give better deals (if you call them deals) if you take finance lol I guess they get a better commission?!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Also, I went into vw happy to pay full price and when I came out not paying as much I was expecting, I was v pleased!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts