Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned an Audi A1 1.2 for 18 months and am getting fed up with the poor MPG it returns. When I first bought it, it averaged 35MPG, but over time this has increased to an astounding 40ish MPG.
I worked these figures out manually as the car doesn't have a trip computer. I am looking for help from UP forum members as I am seriously considering trading in the Audi for an UP 75bhp.
I never fill the car to brim with fuel and only put in £30 worth when I fill up. I then reset the trip and the 30 quid gets me about 200 miles. This equates to about 40MPG.
Are there any UP owners out there who put £30 of fuel in their cars, and how many miles do you cover for that???
Replies will help sway me one way or another.....cheers

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Afternoon, not so good that MPG, but then it's a bit of a different class of car really, I'd expect the overall 'feel' of it reflects the price paid.
That said, I adore my Up!, and think it feels like a much more expensive car than it is really.
On a full tank, which is roughly £45, should return you anywhere between 350-450 miles, depending on driving style. My last full returned a calculated 53mpg, the last part of that tank I admit to hooning around a bit, so a regular full tank on, average/careful driving, inner city/stop start runs you should be able to return mid fifties.

Hope that's of some use :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
you would get a fair few miles on £30 that would fill3/4 of fills tank not sure how many miles that would get you,but deffinately more than what you got in your A1. I average 40-45 mpg as a minimum and near enough 60 mpg on a good day according the maps and more mpg computer. Hope that helps :D
P.S buya up!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
stu68 said:
I have owned an Audi A1 1.2 for 18 months and am getting fed up with the poor MPG it returns. When I first bought it, it averaged 35MPG, but over time this has increased to an astounding 40ish MPG.
MPG doesn't come like magic because it says so in the brochure.

Have someone else drive it for a serious distance to see if it's the car, the driving conditions, or the driver ...

Unless there's something wrong with the car, you'd end up swapping cars for the wrong reasons, and end up using more fuel with the up! as well ...

For starters, you're just guesstimating because can't figure out your MPG correctly unless you fill it up completely.
(Auto-shut-off at the pump is not perfect, but good enough.)

In the end, it doesn't matter if you always fill up for a given amount of cash instead of filling up completely. You'll pay the same.

You'll simple have to go to the fuel station more often when you don't fill up completely - which actually costs extra fuel ...
But so does carrying extra fuel / weight

This is really fringe benefits-territory as far as fuel consumption goes.Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you're interested in an up!'s mpg try searching the forum, it's been discussed many times over already.

search results-->mpg

·
Registered
202 Posts
dont swap an a1 for mpg swap it cuz the up! looks 10 times better ;) and then you might get better mpg too on the other hand

·
Registered
128 Posts
My average consumption from new to 1846 miles is 56.54mpg. The least was 49.48 using 35 litres over 381 miles and the best 62.27 using 27.01 litres over 370 miles. The most miles on a tank were 477 doing 60.23 on 36 litres(not recommended as the tank only holds 35) All measurements using the brim method.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A1 is overpriced imho Stu. I looked at them before ordering an Up. Nice looking car though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
stu68 said:
I worked these figures out manually as the car doesn't have a trip computer. I am looking for help from UP forum members as I am seriously considering trading in the Audi for an UP 75bhp.
I never fill the car to brim with fuel and only put in £30 worth when I fill up. I then reset the trip and the 30 quid gets me about 200 miles. This equates to about 40MPG.
Are there any UP owners out there who put £30 of fuel in their cars, and how many miles do you cover for that???
Replies will help sway me one way or another.....cheers

Surely the money lost in depreciation and cost to change to an UP won't match the saving in mpg? U nless you want to change for other reasons too I guess?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If your fuel costs £1.33 per litre, then I would expect you to get at least 250 miles (approx 50 mpg), possibly up to 300 miles (approx 60 mpg).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts