Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have done 500 miles with my Up! Now.

It has averaged 50.1 miles to the gallon and I can get 65-67mpg driving to work, which is on country roads, doing 40-60 mpg. I am very happy with that. I am so impressed with the car, I find it very quiet, handles well in the wet roads we have been having in the last few days.

So what more can I ask from a car costing £10k?

Still haven't spotted another one on the road, part from outside the VW garage.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Its always good to hear how people are getting on with their cars.

Which model do you have?

I've not seen one on the road yet even though there are a couple of guys on here who are very near to me and have their cars! Maybe I should get out more!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the High Up in red, so got the 75bhp engine with standard spec. Black and grey interior with red dash.

I have to say I found it excellent on the motorway too, intact hard to keep it to 70mpg.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ours will be used by my other half to get to work, a 15 mile motorway trip, but I'm not sure if she actually gets upto 70 due to the amount of traffic!!

I'm hopeing its hard to keep to 70 as the car wants to go faster NOT that its a struggle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL! yeah, it keeps keep creeping up to 75 - 80 MPH. Although I did notice that it was over estimating the speed compared to my sat nav by 3-4mpg.
Edited by: Foot55

·
Registered
553 Posts
LOL...

You can edit posts!

I've noticed most speedo's are slightly faster than sat nav speeds! manufacturers won't guarentee accuracy and Police tend to give a 10% "lee way" until the 80 speed limit is introduced anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts