Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a previous post I commented that my new UP! was returning about 45 mpg on mostly motorway runs mixed with about 20% local driving. A few people here commented that it should improve as the car passes through the run-in period. Well after a quick calculation today the same journeys are now returning approx. 60 mpg with 700 miles on the clock. WOW!

·
Registered
176 Posts
We told you that you had nothing to worry about

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Agree, despite all the words to the contrary, once it has a few K on the clock, it improves...perhaps down to getting 'used' to the car, perhaps due to mechanical components 'bedding in' ....who cares...its a win-win situation !

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just done a check on my fuel consumption spreadsheet. Since topping 10,000 miles average is about 58/9 shared between running about town and runs to Stirling or Glasgow on motorway. Overall since new is about 54 and rising.

·
Read Only
110 Posts
I bought the car on 2 May and filled up on the way home, had to fill it again today with 34 litres of petrol, 512 km later.All driving has been in the city and usually laden with shopping/ mother in law/ teenage son and ton of cricket gear.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wife had car at Windermere last week - 320 mile round trip - M&M said 72 mpg - fuel topped up showed 67 mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts