Up Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What mpg are you getting out of your Gti's ? - I've just taken mine on a brisk cross country run and managed 58mpg which I am very impressed with, wasn't thrashing it but not hanging around either

·
Registered
397 Posts
In every day use stop start traffic and 30 MPH roads i average 50 MPG. I rarely do long motorway trips other than Manchester to Blackpool 100 mile round trip. The last time i did this trip i drove at a steady 55 MPH with the cruise control on and the MFD readout showed 75 MPG. Probably more like 70 MPG in reality which was still amazing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
41 MPG if you drive it mostly as a GTi.
Everything else is Sci-Fi.
In order to see >70MPG you must:
1. never exceed 50 MPH
2. never shift up over 2000 RPM.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
In two years three months from new, mine has averaged 54 mpg according to the mfa. That's obviously a mixture of caning it , steady MWay runs over long distances, and around town.
It's actually showing slightly better than the wife's Tsi.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds about right then, its doing better than any of my diesels ever did, OK, more powerful cars but same sort of pace and less fun, what an impressive little car this is

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've hardly driven out of town or any longer distances in the last year and a bit, and as soon as it's up to temp I drive it like I've stolen it. I get around 35mpg which is fine all things considered.

I actually tested this properly recently because I was a little peeved at not having the 50+ mpg that everyone else quotes 😂. I can confirm the on dash mpg is accurate (for me anyway).

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Trying to get 70mpg I've seen 70. It was dull though, my lowest was around 26mpg on a spirited drive. Generally i average around 45 with no longer journeys. The dash also corresponds with the odd actual proper measurements I've done. It's not like VW would lie about that....

·
Registered
676 Posts
I've hardly driven out of town or any longer distances in the last year and a bit, and as soon as it's up to temp I drive it like I've stolen it. I get around 35mpg which is fine all things considered.

“Drives like I stole it around town “ Lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
I actually tested this properly recently because I was a little peeved at not having the 50+ mpg that everyone else quotes 😂.
Yeah, I remember someone saying that they never spin their front wheels in the wet :ROFLMAO: There's definitely a big spread amongst us regarding how hard our cars are driven.

Today, I drove 520 miles back home from the top of Scotland. Did not hang about at all due to the length of the journey. Averaged 43 mpg which I thought was pretty good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What mpg are you getting out of your Gti's ? - I've just taken mine on a brisk cross country run and managed 58mpg which I am very impressed with, wasn't thrashing it but not hanging around either
That sounds about right. Even on my stage 2 I average 41 and get 50 on a run

1 - 17 of 17 Posts