Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new up. 1000 miles on clock. Only getting 47 mpg runs of average 10 miles rather disappointed is this usual average speed 60mph would appreciate some feed back thanks titus1

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Erm I get between no less than 50 up to the most I've had is 67 but that was mainly down hill and all lights on green with no traffic in my way! In winter I notice I barely get 56!

Have you got a heavy right foot?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi I'm getting 15 miles to the LTR on motorway 50/60/70 miles per hour hope this helps ,
Kind regards phill

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
the run length is important, watch the temp guage, it takes my car about 3 miles til it reaches 90 degrees......long runs are better as is time, I got significantly better MPG as the mileage rose, now I can get high 60's on average on a reasonable run, around 50-52 round town and I've had as low as 39 driving like a hooligan!

if you have M&M, try the blue monitor display and see the mpg climb!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info mpg. No I haven't go a heavy right foot and haven't yet gone over 70 mph as I say only done short runs so look forward to better mpg on longer runs. Haven't got M M Would love it but am told it cannot be fitted at a later date on a move up. Is thIs right?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
lumsdot said:
... mostly motorway driving at 60 mph
30 years ago I studdied 100 miles away from home.
I didn't have much money, so I drove "economically" with my old VW Polo ...
Driving about 60 mph on the motorway was an excellent speed to do this!
Beyond 60 mph the fuel consumption of my old Polo significantly increased.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Im getting better mpg now that I'm back to using shell fuel.

was getting on average 43-50mpg using supermarket fuel

Now getting 60-70 depending on the run length and speed.

If i drive like a hooligan i still manage 47mpg???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I travel 15 mile trips country roads plenty of small hills ,really trying I can get 69mpg ,normal is around 63mpg. The first 5 miles is much worse due to engine warming.

I fully fuelled the car while warm and reset the long term mpg and returned 74mpg over the same 15 miles. The quicker the car warms to temp the better your total trip will show.

My car has covered 650miles and is certainly starting to feel more lively ,which in turn equates to less time on the loud pedal for the same acceleration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts