Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,I am just wondering if the Vw UP is built on the MQB platform like the new Golf VII and if not why not? Also has anyone got any news about the up going to be built on that platform? The MQB platform is supposedly very light, strong and flexible and in one article I read today it says that MQB can support any vw vehiclefrom the tiny Up to the Tiguan. I just can't fathom why they don't built the VW Up on that if it has not already done so. It seems the MQB is also cheaper to build.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Ducatikid, I think this is an old article on wiki. I am not sure if the NSF platform is being applied.Thanks for the link and keep connected.

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
MQB is for medium to large size cars and too expensive to filter to a smaller car. More likely the new version of the PQ25 would be used on the next Up! if they decided to combine the NSF with the PQ25. But I would doubt it more likely an NSF II.

·
Registered
532 Posts
As far as I understand the MQB is used for larger and therefore wider vehicles. The engine mounts are in teh same place for a varied number of designs. This is possible due to the great potential the companies have with four cylinder engines. 70 - 200+ horsepower, and almost the same with diesels.

The up is very much smaller and narrower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts