Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the pre-ordered mud flaps, front and rear, fitted this morning, though I'm still waiting for the boot protection film and the rubber mats.

I'll also get the dealer to have a look at the driver's door seal as the rear edge that buts up against the rear window doesn't sit correctly. There's a gap between the rubber and the glass of a few millimetres and I feel that it would let in water more easily.

Nick

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've now had the mud flaps, boot protector (pointless taking pictures of that as it's invisible), and the rubber mats fitted.

The gap on the door seal hasn't been sorted out, so I'll have to have another go at the dealer when I've got some more time.

I've ordered some wind deflectors and some valve caps, so they'll be along next week, hopefully when I've finished night shifts.

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah ive noticed that my door seal doesnt sit flush against either, there is a slight gap... havent noticed it causing any problem so far tho

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pictures of the mud flaps.

And here is an image of the passenger's door to show how the door seal ought to look.

and this gives an idea of the gap between the glass and the rubber on the driver's door

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a phone call yesterday from the service department of my dealer and they advised me that a new door seal had been delivered. I thought that they'd forgotten about my ill-fitting window seal as nothing had been said when I picked the car up last week after the mud flaps, rubber mats and boot protector has been fitted.

It's now booked in for next Tuesday to have the door sorted out, and possibly the wind deflectors will also have arrived.

Nick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi collas,
Hope the door seal is sorted ASAP.
Am interested in your mud flaps as they're on a white up and I have a white up with some mud flaps on route.
Could you share a few whole car piccies to show the mud flaps in all their glory?
Dave

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car isn't white!

When I've finished night shifts I'll be able to take some photos.

Nick

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The clue is in my signature.

Nick

·
Registered
421 Posts
Go to the bottom of the page and change from mobile to classic - much better!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had the rubber seal sorted out on the drivers' door and it now sits flush. I also picked up the wind deflectors but I haven't had a chance to fit them just yet. It's now raining for one thing, and I will need to open the window to get in and out of work this afternoon. The instructions recommend that once the deflectors are fitted, that the windows aren't opened or closed for 12 hours, to give time for the rubber seals to settle to their new shape. So something for Friday or the weekend.

Then off on holiday to Reepham in Norfolk for a week.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Nick, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the deflectors, if you open the window a wee bit without them, water blows in so wonder if they will solve that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am waiting for the GT model to be released over here in UK. I'd like a shed full of extras on it. Do you think it will be extravagant (i.e. I won't get much of these costs back on resale ) eg leather, sunshine roof, drivers pack,up graded music.

any comment appreciated.
stewpendous

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
We are ALL waiting for info on the GT, managed to have a chat with a VW dealer principal yesterday and even He hadn't a clue as to arrival / spec / cost etc....all he could say is probably orders start 1st quarter 2013 for delivery 2nd Qtr.......but don't quote him!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts