Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for mud flaps that I can fit WITHOUT drilling. Dont want to compromise the integrity of the paintwork.
Thanks,
Mark.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Don't think there are any that fit as nice as the VW ones, without drilling, the rears need just one hole each side into the plastic bumper, fronts utilise the screws already there I seem to remember.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Part numbers for pre-2017:
They aren't mentioned on ETKA for post-2017 ('new') Up!s (doesn't mean they don't exist!).

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've got them on my Gti, and the wife's Tsi, 2019 & 2018 respectively

Reactions: plancast

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think the online version of ETKA is still being filled out with detail for the post-2017 models - I keep finding blank pages...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Whilst mud flaps might keep your car looking cleaner for longer they can also trap mud and moisture between them and the paintwork. Long term this can cause rust as occurred on both front wheel arches of a Ford focus that we used to own.

Just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
324 Posts
911 is spot on, only one hole to drill into the plastic (non rusty) bumper at the back. The rest of the fittings double up on the wheel arch liners fixings. DIY fit but you really need a ramp as its about 20/30 minutes a corner on your knees. Perfect fit and the fronts keep all the dirt off your sills.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts