Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I see that front and rear mud flaps are now on the website.. Will any of you be getting these?

I'm not sure really.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i dont think i will be..... anyone else want to tell us why we should or shouldnt have them?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have ordered them!Wasn't going to bother but the Up in our garage had them on and they looked okay so decided to get them.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ah ok, im gonna ask a stupid question now too, i get why you have them on a bike, whats the main point on a car? and im guessing i could order them once the car is in the uk, they dont have to be fitted when being built?

·
Registered
553 Posts
pretty much the same reason you have them on a bike!

they catch the mud etc that would otherwise get sprayed up the side of the car! esp, on the front where the turned wheel extends beyond the cover of a wheel arch!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
so is everyone else getting them?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i guess its something we can get at a later date if we suddenly change our minds tho

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive ordered them. They will help to reduce stone chips along bottom of front doors from front wheels. They'll obviously help to keep the car cleaner too. I was quoted £75 from my dealer to fit them which I thought was extremley expensive. I'll be fitting mine myself when the car arrives. I found out mines now on a ship from germany to Grimbsby so should be with me in 7-10 days Edited by: Barrelman

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
so they let you buy them from them and fit them yourself? im sure my brother could do that if i decided to buy them, i might even get him to show me how to do it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
From previous experiences with mudflaps, I would say they are good in that they do keep the stones and mud from spraying along the sides of the chassis and doors, but I would recommend removing them once every six months and cleaning/oiling behind where they fit the car, as they can trap moisture and dirt and cause corrosion.

·
Registered
160 Posts
In the Accessories brochure it says that Prices are fully fitted (where fitting applies, unless otherwise stated) so the Mudflaps at £55.00 per set includes fitting. Our dealer confirmed this.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ah ok cheers for that! :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am thinking for a set for the front only. Just to keep the bodywork in good nick.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
would it look odd with just front ones tho?

·
Registered
145 Posts
does anyone know if this would stop stones from hitting the inside of the back wheel arches (a problem you non up driver will soon find out ) what does it clip onto?

·
Registered
344 Posts
They always seem to rub against the paintwork in my experience plus they trap moisture and dirt. Not good.

·
Registered
553 Posts
VWXYZ said:
They always seem to rub against the paintwork in my experience plus they trap moisture and dirt. Not good.
I've not had mud flaps on a car for years but I always used to put a strip of tape on the bodywork before fitting the mudflap!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts