Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again...Anyone got flaps!
Just wondering wether to get mud flaps put on my high UP!
I cant see a point of having them due to the excessive amount of bad weather we have here in the uk.
I was just wondering what they look like on....
Would it work out cheaper and easier to do my self or get them factory fitted for cheaper and less agro.
Thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far.
Edited by: D3ftones

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Opinions vary and you will get many different answers. Personally I ordered mud flaps to be fitted on delivery. I find the look acceptable and they help to reduce mud splashes. Others will disagree with me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
They aren't a factory-fit option. The dealer you choose will have to fit them.

Nick

·
Registered
12 Posts
The biggest advantage of mudflaps is that they massively reduce the amount of tar which ends up stuck to the cars sides, the tar-n-scatter jobs are melting like mad round here... That reminds me, must get more bug and tar remover.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Our road to our local town is being "tarred and scattered" at this very moment...at night. When you drive down there next morning the man holes seem about a foot high! they have put signs out stating this but you still think am I going to have a sump left? I feel for you guys with lowered suspension!

Go well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I went for both front and rear mudflaps, which I put on myself. Discovered that for me the rear flaps did nothing (and I took them off again) but the front ones certainly save the sides of the car from being spattered by whatever debris there is on the road.

Couldn't recommend a dealer fit, buy them much cheaper on ebay and do them yourself, easy job and I'm a complete numbty mechanically speaking.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If its any help, here are my with and without pics. I made them so I could decide if I wanted to fit them or not. I did in the end and am very pleased with them.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I wouldnt have a car with out them, also I wouldnt pay vw prices again ebay nearly always have a set so I'd do it myself, I mean how hard can it be? Clips and a couple of screws

·
Registered
140 Posts
Rednaxela said:
If its any help, here are my with and without pics. I made them so I could decide if I wanted to fit them or not. I did in the end and am very pleased with them.
I love the with and without photos.. I also have to do this to help visualise what would be better with different things!! Haha

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I fitted my fronts, but had to get the dealer to do the rears. I just could not get the nasty little spring clips to fit. I tried opening them up to make it easier, but nothing worked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts