Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I’m quite new to being an up! owner and was looking for a little bit of help. I have been connecting my phone to the car via aux to play my music as the bluetooth only seems to work for phone calls. I can access my phone book etc through the Garmin screen but every time I try and get music on the screen it doesn’t work and I have to change song by doing it on my phone. Is this normal and is there any way I can get my phone music to be controlled via the maps and more so it is safer to change song when driving?

thanks for your help in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Make sure the Bluetooth connection is both hfp ( phone) and A2D ( audio). It should do this automatically so perhaps delete and re-pair your phone. Also, sometimes when switching to media, it stays on aux , cycle the media button till it shows Bluetooth and check your phone volume is up and the car volume is up

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Hi, unfortunately iphones are a pig to do this. As the doc rightly says the profiles have to be HFP and A2D, unfortunately Apple choose to be different and i can't remember atm what it is that they do differently but it's to do with the HFP part.

I did look into this once and try to get a work-around but the app that used to enable it was no longer supported. If you jailbreak your iphone then you can get it to work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, bluetooth can stink on the up sometimes, especially with an iPhone. I have to turn my bluetooth on and off sometimes three or four times for it to get to pair solidly. Unfortunately it's just a thing I am gonna have to live with!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts