Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello People,
I am in the lucky position to be changing one of our rooms into a Music Room. This has taken many years to achieve. Kids and every thing That they imply...You know how it is....

Now all my OLD gear can come down from above the garage. Analogue recording 4 track...2 keyboards, 4 guitars, Shure Mic's...Who remembers them...?...".Zoom" effects pedal! Drum Machine....Goodness knows what make?...but takes an age to programme.

Being left handed, I just now just play around with my Ovation Acoustic. Wonderful instrument....Took me 21 years to get one though!

Enough for now.

Go well.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a zoom effects pedal somewhere! I've got several guitars scattered around the house, and a valve amp with no place to go so it hardly gets used!

Music room would be great, hope my next house will have a cellar so I can have a proper hifi setup and space for guitars there!

What guitars do you own, anything interesting?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Music room sounds very Grand now....nothing

g more than a converted bedroom !!Nearly finished! My Wife is a trained classical singer " Opera".....Can not sing " Pop " for toffee. Glad she is not reading this....I would be in Mega trouble!!

My Guitars...nothing interesting...as I said...being left handed....very hard to find.

Factory built left handed Ovation Acoustic.

Factory built left handed " Japanese " under license copy of Fender Strat 6 string electric.

Gibson Bass...Changed by me to Left handed.

Japanese acoustic six string.....can't remember the make at the moment...but not a bad sound!! again converted to left hand by me. Edited by: Night Owl

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lost how to continue on this thread...but a 50 W Marshal bass practise amp and 50w lead practise amp.." Fender "?

Hope this makes some sense.

Go well.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
currently playing with garage band and a few korg virtual synths , great for making backing tracks to jam too

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a music room too.

For bass I have an Ashdown 1200w amp with David Eden cabs and for 6 string I use 100w Marshall's. I use a remote Bose system in there to play along to with either backing tracks or music.

It's loud but my neighbours are far away and deaf! Apparently, I've heard in the pub that the bass can be heard in the local post office so I only practice early evening.

Rock n roll

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Scrubnut said:
It's loud but my neighbours are far away and deaf! Apparently, I've heard in the pub that the bass can be heard in the local post office so I only practice early evening.

Rock n roll
I'm not surprised your neighbours are deaf!!!! ‰‰

·
Registered
438 Posts
They really are deaf. They're in their 80s and I keep asking if the noise is bothering them and they can't hear it! It did explain why the doors were rattling in their house though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I wish my Neighbours were so 'accommodating'!

My Valve Amp is a 30W Marshall, and even that is very very loud! 100watts of Marshall is serious stuff!

I have a Fender USA Tele, and an Ibanez RG..can't remember the exact model.

And an old Yamaha Acoustic from the 60's which sounds great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts