Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is. My Night Blue Metallic High Up! I placed my order on 01 March 2013 and collected it on 10 April, not too bad I thought. I fell out of love with the Sports Pack Triangle Alloys and bought myself a set of silver Classics with black centre caps. Once I tried them on the car, I decided I preferred the Triangles after all. Maybe a set of black Classics might look better. The Triangles came with white centre caps for some reason but with a bit of whinging to my dealer they sorted me a set of black ones FOC. I opted for the Leather Look upholstery which looks great and I love it. I love the tilt and slide sunroof and the extra speakers in the Sound Pack, my boot liner, the spare wheel and tool kit, my full rubber mat set for winter and the full luxury set for special occasions and the maps and more too. My only little gripe is the lack of Bluetooth on the radio for when I can't be bothered getting the maps and more out on short journeys. I've upgraded all the front bulbs, headlights, indicators and DRL's. On my first run at night, I noticed that the headlights seemed to be set a little low even with the levelling roller switch set to 0. One word to my dealer and they sorted that issue too. It's Autoglym LifeShined and as I only ever wash my cars by hand using the 2 bucket system, a Karcher pressure washer, a Kent Noodle Mitt and Autoglym products it should look great for many years to come. I even got my dealer to order the Up! steering wheel insert as in the special edition models and they chucked that in too. A great little car, an excellent dealer and a very pleasurable experience all together. Thanks Volkswagen and Robinsons of Peterborough.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Jon I saw you a couple of weeks ago in Stamford, so I'm puzzled why you didn't use Robinsons in Stamford.

Nick

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nick, on the boring Sunday we decided to have a drive out to check out new and drastically down sized motors to replace our gas guzzeling but very much loved Mondeo, our first port of call was Robinsons Volkswagen here in Stamford. They had a white Up! parked on their forecourt and it was love at first sight. Unfortunately, they were closed. A quick google search on my phone for our next nearest VW dealer led us to Robinsons VW in Peterborough who were open and had an ASG Up! I could test drive, the deal was done and our order placed. Robinsons VW here in Stamford will be my dealer of choice from now on for my servicing and unhealthy fetishising for accessories. I so wish they were open that Sunday.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few more pictures of my Up! I'm still undecided on which wheels I prefer, silver classics or triangles? I might try a set of the black classics but it'll be a waste of £650+ if I don't like them.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Finnster said:
Love the black triangles IMO

I agree. The classics look good too though......

·
Registered
202 Posts
triangles :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hmm.. I do like the triangles.. But if you decided to go with the classics then ill buy your triangles! Haha
Love the plate by the way!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
On the Night Blue, my choice would be the Triangles.

I'm usually not a fan of the Triangels, but they look best on dark ups - black or your night blue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts