Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of this georgeous Black up!
I placed my ordermid February 2013, she arrivedwithin2 weeks!

VW up! Black-
Leather look upholstery
Sound Pack
Spare Wheel
Service Plan
GAP Insurance

After Market modifications-
Whole cartinted
17" TSW Donington wheels
Private Plate

Ordered-
Chinese vinyls
KW Coilovers

To be ordered-
Aftermarket Stereo
All 6 speakers upgraded
3 x 12" Subwoofers
2 x Amplifiers
Twin Exhaust
Rear Spolier
Blacked out rear lights
Zenon headlight/fog lights
(Possibly GT upKit, next year)

Here she is-

I used to have a Toyota Yaris 1.5 T-Sport, i couldn't help but heavily modified it!!!
You may have seen it on Harry EnfieldsSketch Show on BBC1 back in 2008

THE world of Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse is possibly the only place you'll find a pair of elderly
Jewish gentlemen presenting a rap radio show for Radio 3.
They contacted me via facebook and asked to have my yaris featured in there show.....
"The pair are elderly Jewish gents; radio presenters with a passion for rap, garden centres and a pimped-out Toyota Yaris.
" MY PIMPED OUT YARIS!!!!

Edited by: sukiyuen

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Very arty photos, ought to be careful of those tints though. You can't have the front windows tinted really at all, I believe they have to let in 70% light (there abouts, not verbatim!).
Liable to be stopped/fined or at very least be made to pull the tints off at the roadside.

Just a friendly FYI.

It does look good though ;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
There's a thought.. a VW up! with Lambo doors.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Is that known as a Lamb Chop?

Nick

·
Registered
592 Posts
Total respect sukiyuen from one ex/retired car customiser.

I had a Suzuki Jeep painted in the same colour as your Yaris back in 1988 - spent over £30k on it - loads of money then and a darn sight more now. The passion never leaves.

Love your black up, but agree with Davec86, front dark tints look cool but are a Police no-no (70% light is correct). We done the same back in the 80's, but got pulled and had to remove. Very dangerous as well at night.

Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truth-seeker said:
Love your black up, but agree with Davec86, front dark tints look cool but are a Police no-no (70% light is correct). We done the same back in the 80's, but got pulled and had to remove. Very dangerous as well at night.
I was actually on my way back from Donnington car show in 2009 when a police van pulled me over and told me if i didnt remove my front window tinits there and then, i'd have my car taken away on the spot

So off came the tints. But within a week, they where putback on again!
I know it's trouble, but they look soooooooooooo good on!

Only trouble with the Up!, is you cannot control the passanger side window from the drivers side like i could with my Yaris! So when ever i see the po-po it's a BLOODYnightmare!!!!
HAHA

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I do agree that they look good, it's a tough life for me, on one hand I do enjoy modding my car, and things aren't always smiled upon by the law, but on the other hand, that's what I do for a living!
Used to get some funny looks pulling up to the nick in a ratty old supercharged, stripped and decked polo! Haha

·
Registered
592 Posts
More respect to Davec86 - a Policeman with attitude - love it!

PS: Always fancied being a Motorway cop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Truth-seeker said:
More respect to Davec86 - a Policeman with attitude - love it!PS: Always fancied being a Motorway cop.
Honestly, my tints are "Not that dark"!!!!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm sure it's fine, wouldn't sweat it, it does look great :)
I've just discovered that work *may* have not been paying me what they should have for the last 4 years, I'm hoping so as that will do nicely for my coilovers and a new set of shoes :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
The Black Dragon really does look fantastic. I personally like the tinted windows on the black car and the chrome mirror caps really set it off.

·
Registered
261 Posts
awesome Yaris Suki !! and dont forget to post pics when you've finished pimping Black Up! please - ta!

and we cant knock the Bobbies - if you dont annoy 'em they will leave you alone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts