Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ate ONE, i repeat ONE, bag of chips in my car 3 weeks ago and the smell won't go. I have used every product you can think of and aired it out accordingly but it still radiates chips. It's making me a very hungry and very fat man. Advice sought.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hahahahaha try a dominoes pizza that may mask the chip smell but then you may get pizza smell haha

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Your not having much fun with you up interior haha just noticed its you who's had another seat problem

·
Registered
176 Posts
Suggest you spill a carton of fresh milk on the rear seat as my son did, chip smells will be the least of your worries.

Unfortunately he took the option of saying nothing.

Everything ok for the first couple of weeks then returned to the car having left it all day in the hot sun we had a little while ago.

Opened the door and had to be resuscitated. Smell will not go away. Matters not helped by anyone getting in the car now saying "Yuk, what's that smell?"

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ormmmmmmm!! Im so glad I have leatherette seats amd a no eat or drink policy! But I may pinch the spilt milk one for in a friends car hahaha

·
Registered
101 Posts
Best way to get rid of milk is to torch the seat - getting rid of milk is an absolute bitch. It will however go by itself eventually....eventually!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Doesn't work with milk.
You don't want to see what's going to be inside that seat ...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Spilt Milk is the devils own to get rid of!! Just scrub and clean for ever. Or try and mask the smell with another odour that is not so bad! Perfume...aftershave....bleach!!

Good luck,

Go well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
JJackson - you fool, don't you know that you should never eat or drink in your car if you want to keep the smells away. Especially smelly foods such as chips.
As you point out, you will eventually turn into a chip on legs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wet vac all the fabrics. Plastics won't hold any smells. The only one you may struggle with is any scents in the head liner.

Maybe just leave the windows a jar for a few weeks. Let it get some fresh air.

Failing that. California Scents. They are strong air fresheners...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok the very best way to remove oders from any enclosed space is to take a couple of sheets on newspaper, scrunch them up into a 100mm diameter ball and soak it in water. Wring out most of the water and place the wet ball of newspaper in your cars footwell over night. They next day the smell will be gone. Guaranteed.

Also works great for smells in your fridge as well. Edited by: Rooster

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the best way to remove smells from cars is to thoroughly clean every material surface in the car.

We had to take a load of garden rubbish to the tip in our Audi, (would never go near my up or my dads car!) it reeked of old grass cutting after and the car had to be sold. I got out the interior cleaner which is designed for carpets and fabrics along with plastics (came with a Merc Starguard kit but I'm sure anything from Chemical Guys or Cleanyourcar.co.uk would be equally as effective).

I hoovered the whole car then liberally sprayed the cleaner over the carpets etc.. and scrub with a clean towel. With fabric seats you will want to do them as well, if you had leatherette seats leather cleaner may also help.
Once you have done this I would recommend going on eBay and getting some Superguard fabric protector and applying this to the whole car (around £5, one can should be enough!) this will not only protect any spillages on the seats but while the whole car is spotless it makes sense to apply it.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
19 Posts
up! is a real odour absorber, I bought mine used @ 4 months old and it stinks of cigarettes. I tried Neutradol which is always like a last resort solution before going for a full interior valet and it didn't work... So yes, I am going to get a valet to clean it. And if that doesn't help I'm going to either replace the headliner or sell the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts