Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my Citigo for just over 4 months now since 1st September and it is extremely comfortable and quiet. 75bhp Greentech (bluemotion equivalent) engine is very quiet and impressively responsive. I'm glad i got the 5 door I find it really versatile.

I do a lot of miles and its done over 6500 up to now so I spend a lot of time in the car. Visibility around is faultless - especially on the motorway the blind spots are virtually none existent compared to previous cars that ive had.

My only 2 niggles are that the parcel shelf stays put when you lift the boot lid and there is no boot light but both of which are not major concerns, just something to get used to.

The boot shape and size is totally impressive for such a small car, the satnav/bluetooth system called PID (Personal Infotainment Device) in the Citigo is an absolute godsend and the heated seats and mirrors have been especially useful lately!!!

I had real problems with the dealers on the day I collected the vehicle on Sep 1st 2012, I had cause to complain about lots of aspects of the dealership including the service, attitude and knowledge of the staff (Lookers Manchester), resulting in the area manager offering me 2 years free servicing - lets hope they have improved when i go back soon for my cars first 10k mile service!!!

Overall I'm totally happy with the car and will also be looking to buy an UP! GT when they get released - maybe I should get a MII as well then I will have 1 of each!!!!!

Hope you all enjoy your UPs! as much as I'm enjoying my Citigo - hopefully were wont get many mechanical or realiability problems with them!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Glsd you're enjoying the Citigo - I came very close to buying one, but I finally decided the little extras on the up! fitted my requirements better.

I too get through the miles and have done close to 7,000 since early October and find it feels more at home on cross-country journeys than in town.

I know the parcel shelf takes a bit of getting used to, but the fact that you can click it in the up position while you adjust the boot floor in the VW more than makes up for it.

As far as the boot light is concerned, £6 spent at my local Tesco on a battery powered triple LED light with motion sensor quickly sorted out this problem. Open the boot, lift the parcel shelf and on it comes - and remains on until you've finished.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a really good idea i think im gonna try it myself!!! Glad ure enjoying ure car - i agree that the car performs better out of town!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts