Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very cute - enjoying the sun while it lasts!

My wife and I run Haworth Cat Rescue (haworthcatrescue.org)

It's made a nice change to have a dry weekend. Rehomed a few cats.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh Catman, I sometimes feel like I run a cat rescue centre
We have four maine coons and one siberian.
Two are not allowed out at all (one because he likes to go live with random people and is far too friendly and the other is a kitten, so we are going to keep him into keep therunaway company- hence the outdoor areas/runs). Mind, they all like the meshed outdoor areas.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've always been a dog person myself but since losing my beloved Irish Wolfhound Chewie last year, I seem to have become the local cat hotel!! I currently feed four cats that I don't own and at this moment in time, one of them is fast asleep on a blanket on one of my armchairs because it's absolutely belting down with rain right now and the poor thing was getting soaked laying on the swing seat in my garden.

Gorgeous cats by the way bugbabe

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Clowesa, I think they are gorgeous, even with their summer coats they areBIG babies. Our red coonie often gets called a lion. We had a neighbouring dog once who wouldnt go near him, his owner swore blind he thought he was a fox!
What a sweetie you are looking after random cats

·
Registered
956 Posts
Aw thanks, although I'd feel more virtuous if they were strays. I do occasionally want to boot one of them up the jacksie because every time it came in (which I don't allow any more) it squirted on the furniture, little git!!

My favourite of your pics is the second one
. Don't you just want to give that little cutie a big snuggly hug

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's my baby, 6 months old, called Oskar. He needs his bits and pieces sorting out shortly.
Im guessing your squirter hasnt been sorted, tut tut! Your neighbours needs some education me thinks LOL

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
lovely maine coons! we dont have many come into the practise, but i love it when they do... altho unfortunatly the last one came in and had to have major surgery after having swallowed a sewing needle! silly cat!

I'm a cat and a dog and an all animals lover really... altho I must say cats are the ones who injure me the most.... i have some nice scars on my arms!

Glad to see you are pro-neutering! Too many unwanted cats out there to have them all breeding!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Owww painful, both for you and your scars and the poor cat with the needle!

We like all animals, we're always trying to rescue mice and voles that the cats (the ones that are allowed out) are playing with.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey cat man!

I can often be seen round Haworth on a vintage tractor collecting for the air ambulance!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm just pro anything that's alive to be honest. Can't even kill a spider, which is an absolute pain when there's one in the bedroom cos hubby's more scared than I am and I have to catch the flippin' things without hurting them and then put them outside

·
Registered
423 Posts
No cats since we lost our Blue Burmese Tai-tai at the age of 19 a good few years back. Wife couldn't go through the pain of losing another pet, she says. I like most things alive, though what I want most is a basset

·
Registered
956 Posts
Bassets are lovely, and pretty rare too. I can't remember the last time I saw one except on Crufts.

I know how your wife feels though. I've lost three dogs and each time I said I'd never do it again. After Chewie died last year, that was it, last time ever. I'm just thankful that Irish Wolfhounds are also not very common cos I don't know how I'd react if I saw one close up

So, if you did get a Basset, what would you call it?

·
Registered
423 Posts
McEwan! No idea why though! I do have a largish collection of ornamental bassets....my wife seems to think they're a reasonable substitute for the real thing.They're not very common but unfortunately people round the corner from us have a tricolour one so I see it every other day!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think I've ever seen a real life up close basket hound. Just on the Telly.
Irish wolfhounds are ENORMOUS aren't they? They actually look Irish
like Bob Geldof

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yep, he was a big guy with the sweetest temperament, a real gentle giant

Basket Hound ???

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
956 Posts
whassup said:
McEwan! No idea why though! I do have a largish collection of ornamental bassets....my wife seems to think they're a reasonable substitute for the real thing.They're not very common but unfortunately people round the corner from us have a tricolour one so I see it every other day!

McEwan, that's pretty cool actually. Get one from abroad and you could call him McEwan's Export

Pity there's one so close to you though, I'd be absolutely gutted if anyone near us got a Wolfhound.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi M5 SUT

Yes I've spent many a moment behind the tractor processions

I'm hoping the up! will be a bit quicker than those.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lovely basket hound Clowesa! Flipping predictive text]
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Clowesa, is that you in the pic? It's nice to put a face to the name

1 - 20 of 28 Posts