Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pic from the AutoStadt, too many lights and reflections to get a good pic.. will take some more later. Currently on its winter wheels.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The suspension feels slightly softer than the normal UP, rides over large bumps and holes well.Maybe this is just due to the extra ride height.
Also feels little different because your sitting a little higher... on the Autobahn it is a very comfortable ride. The plastic trim is not just on the arches, but all of the inside of the wheel arch is covered, front and rear.

Edited by: GarethB

·
Registered
251 Posts
GarethB said:
The plastic trim is not just on the arches, but all of the inside of the wheel arch is covered, front and rear.
Interesting - do you think these wheel arch liners could be made to fit on a normal Up?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look as if they would fit.. as the size of the arches should be the same..But getting these as a spare part may prove more difficult...

Today I fitted Osram Night Breaker Plus headlight bulbs and Osram Diadem Chrome Indicator bulbs..
I have got the Night Breaker Plus FOG lamp bulbs to fit later... but as you need to remove the arch liner to get at it... I will leave it for a while..
Thinking of getting some PIAA Mirror White DRL Bulbs, as the standard DRLs look very yellow.
Anybody got these? any good?

Got a set of VW rubber mats fitted today... and the rear bumper protector to fit.. when its not raining.
Ordered door wind deflectors, as they did not have any at the Autostadt.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

It cost 359 euros for the Autostadt pickup.Its a good day out, and great to watch the cars being collected from the AutoTurm.
and also a bit of shopping for accessories.
and the drive back is good for getting used to the car.

·
Registered
309 Posts
GarethB said:
Thanks. 

It cost 359 euros for the Autostadt pickup. Its a good day out, and great to watch the cars being collected from the AutoTurm. 
and also a bit of shopping for accessories. 
and the drive back is good for getting used to the car. 
Sounds good, would rather do that and drive the car back to the UK than have to deal with VW dealerships at home!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Car looks really great. Love the roof rails and body mouldings around wheel arches etc. Can't wait to move to Germany and buy one myself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
GarethB said:
They look as if they would fit.. as the size of the arches should be the same..But getting these as a spare part may prove more difficult...
Many thanks for the heads-up on these. I've just ordered a pair from my dealer, ‚¬40 each.

Edited by: UpMan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pic of the Autoturm at the Autostadt.. Once i get a bit of free time will take some some car pics... but I'm moving house at the moment and in a bit of turmoil lol...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thats 1100km already done in the car. in just over 2 days...It is fantastic nearly all autobahn driving, and getting over 50mpg already before its really loosened up.
The road noise is a lot less than the test car, I think the wheel arch liners help cut out the road and tyre noise. and this is with winter tyres fitted.
It feels as good to drive in town, country and Autobahn as my old passat, and when the lanes do get twisty, feels better, more secure in the bends.
The 6 Speaker pack is really great, sound quality is fantastic...
I changed the head light bulbs for Osram Nightbreaker Plus, and they make a massive difference over the original bulbs. Clear white light beam and on full beam, like having Full Xenon lights...
If you change 1 thing on the Car... do the headlight bulbs, these bulbs are worth every penny and more.
Now to change the DRL bulbs and then the fog bulbs, DRLs will have the PIAA Mirror White bulbs fitted, and the Fog lights will fit Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs.
I parked the car in the city yesterday, and when i got back there were a few women all looking the car.
So spent the next 10-15mins chatting and showing them the car..
I have seen a lot of the other models here in Germany, but not seen anyone else with the Cross UP yet. I keep looking lol...

·
Registered
583 Posts
GarethB said:
will take some more later. Currently on its winter wheels.
Nice ...

Yet it looks absolutely silly on those winterwheels.

The wheel-arch extensions make the 14" wheel covers look so tiny.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes it does look less cool on the winter wheels.. but it does save the alloys from all that road salt and snow and ice and knocking a kerb because you didn't see it for snow...So i can live with that... to have fresh bling wheels for the Summer...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts