Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

This is my first time joining a Forum. I have been following you guys for a about a week now and really enjoyed reading through all the threads and found all the advice really useful.

I have just recently bought a Up! White - I was really lucky in that the local VW dealer had a cancelled order when I walked in to the showroom one morning. I was able to buy a brand new Up! White within a day without waiting! They PX my old car and I even managed to get the Lifeshine pack and parking sensor (to be installed next week) for free. I also got the three years service pack for £99.00.

I have owned many cars in my time, but the White is the only one that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Keep up the good work everyone!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome Manny. Any pictures for us?
due to pick my up! White up on Friday so looking for something to keep me going

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Rich

Good luck with your delivery on Friday!

I have two pictures here taken with my iPhone when I got home on the first day and the white is so cool! I compared the Up Black with the White and both my wife and I think the White is much cooler and cuter! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
lovely looking car you have there, not only extremely luck to be able to just walk in and get one straight away, but also that theyve given you lots of freebies too!!

hope you are enjoying her! tell us all that you love about it and also are there any niggly bits too?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only had the car for four days and so far I am very happy with it as it drives very well and I am very impressed with the 1litre engine - it sounds so different (in a nice way, it reminds me a little bit of the older Porsche engines?) and the car is so easy to drive both in town and on the motorway. The gear change is smooth and the heated seats works really quickly! So far, I am getting 48 mpg (mainly commuting), andI imagine the figures will improve once the engine is losen up (I only managed 27 mpg in my previous car
, so anything more than that is a bonus for me at the moment).

Some members mentioned that the sound of the radio is not very good with the standard two speakers - I actually find them to be very good... admittedly, it sounds much better once you adjust the treble and bass (mine was two bars below the max). I suppose, it wouldsound much better with the £100 sound pack, but since mine was not a factory order, I could not have it fitted and it would have to be a after sales job which would cost much more. Nevertheless, I am happy with the sound so far, so I am going to spend the money to buy some new maps for the Sat Nav instead.

This leads me to the M&M device. I checked on Amazon that you can buy a separate holder, cable and charger for it, so that one can use the M&M in another vehicle. I intend to do this in Turkey for my summer holiday as i will be hiring a car. I think the bluetooth and media player should still work in another vehicle but I doubt the car computer would work though.

My only negative for the car so far is that the car seats do not go back to its original position after you let someone getting in and out from the back seat. This is quite annoying as one has to adjust the seat every time. May be I just need to work out how to use the levers properly... or better still get a five door

Apart from the seats, the Up! is a great car and I am surprise by the attention it attracts - lot of turning of heads both from people inside cars and on the streets. I like the all white treatment for the car as it makes it looks very distinctive. This morning when the sun was shinning on the car, the white paint work was so bright it actually hurts my eyes (in a nice way!)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are lucky to have your White Up as we ordered ours in October 2011 !! It was originally build week 13 but was built week 16 . It has been built but awaiting shipping. We also thought it looked great in white and have gone for a sunroof , extra speakers , Driver assist & sensor pack. I think it is all the extras that have delayed build as dealer could sell us a Take Up 3 months ago. Will post photos when it arrives . Special registration MI UPP will also be fitted .We just can't wait for it to arrive!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ahhh, that's better. Had my fix now. Thanks Manny

Lovely looking car. Hoping you have many happy miles in her.

·
Registered
213 Posts
M1 UPP ... Cool reg , my up! Was built the same week so hopefully we will be getting our Ups! The same time . How exciting !!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thanks for the brilliant description man88! i love hearing what people think about them and photos etc!

i think from reading other peoples post that the seat not returning to position is just the way it happens, i think the key is to make everyone in the back get out the passenger side not the drivers side!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Manny and welcome.

Lucky you, getting your car straight away and glad to see you're enjoying him/her.

I noticed the same problem with the seats when I did my test drive. Not the end of the world but a bit frustrating having to re-adjust the seat every time someone gets in/out of the back. Luckily, it isn't very often there are more than two of us in our car at any one time so shouldn't be much of an issue when I finally get my up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts