Up Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really sad to report that my up broke down today with gearbox bearing failure. Ive had a rather noisy changing gearbox since 300 miles on the clock and also a strange scrapping sound in top gears. I am so upset with what i thought would be a brilliant car but its let me down, very sad. Has anyone else had any problems out there?<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
Edited by: darren39

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi darren39, welcome to the forum. First post and not so positive, tell us some more about your up! and the situation so we have a better picture.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Hi Darren39, Wow! first post and you come in with that??????

No!
Hi my name's Darren I'm from where ever the **** you are?
I bought a Take up! or Move up! or even a high up!
What extras and colour?
When you ordered your up!?
Who you dealer is or was?

Well! We want answers?????

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well well, this is not good to hear. I'm on my 3rd darren due to the same problem. I was getting a loud engagement sound between changes and also scratching sound when accelerating 5th gear. You are not alone as I know of 6 forum members with the problem and also its a problem in Germany. Edited by: mark72

·
Registered
655 Posts
You say its a problem in Germany Mark72, but can you support this to the rest of us somehow...as Myself and others can't find a thing on it in the press. And also can you confirm how on earth you are on the third up! bearing in mind the limited availability and wait so far endured. I think for the sake of all other members who may be worried unnecessarily it is useful for total transparency with issues encountered. This info would also be useful from darren39 as we long standing forum members currently can't build value into your claims without knowing more about you, the car and the scenario. A valid point me thinks. Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
after hearing about the gearbox problems, i must confess to listening to mine very carefully. I dont appear to have any noises or scraping. In fact, the gearbox is silky smooth and very quiet. i guess i must be on of the lucky ones. However, i will remain vigilant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I joined the forums to find out if i am the only one with this issue, which clearly i am not, and this was my reason to join to share advice. Regarding my third up, its on order at the factory and vw have loaned me a car. There is no rule for new people to join to find out if they are alone with issues. It is good for me to hear people are having good experiences as i hope my 3rd will be like this, im very loyal to vw and have been for 20 years now. Regarding the german press i will ask my vw friend if he has a link, which i will put up for you all, of course it will be in german though.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
128 Posts
Morning

I joined the forum after ordering an Up!because Iwanted to read about any experiences other people had with the car as itsso new. In the past I have only joined Owners forums when I have a problem with my cars (ex Renault owner so plenty!). So I don't understand the aggressive nature of some of the members towards people who report any problems with the up! Is it driven by worry as they have a car on order and are now thinking maybe they made a mistake? To me forums are all about bringing good news and bad about a car...........in the past VW would have kept any problems secret.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Its nice to share he info however being a brand new model the first few batches may have some issues its normal with allmanufacturesbut being VW they will solve the issue straight away as they are quite a fewownershaving problems.I spoke to a VW veteran about this he goes in the 1st 1000miles you have to be gentle with the clutch and dont rev above 3000rpm

·
Registered
18 Posts
thank you pugliablue<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

There is to much aggression in forums sometimes! I love vw and i think a lot of people would of given up on the 3rd vw up!

·
294 Posts
*** Forum topic closed ***It appears both Darren39 and Mark72 share the same IP Address and in fact have very similar email addresses:

[email protected]

[email protected]

I'm not sure what is going on here but it I think its safe to say they are the same person.

I've reached out to VW on this subject and will let you know if indeed there is an issue.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.