Up Owners Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Estoril said:
Do you need to have the engine remapped when fitting aftermarket exhausts, like you do on motorcycles?

No, unless you radically change the bore size. Cat-back exhausts are basically noise makers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A greeting to all the owners of the UP GTI.
Listening to the videos of Danne_gg, I also bought a Milltek exhaust not resonated SSXVW487.
This is the result!! ***
It's really a good sound, but unfortunately, for me too noisy, especially in the cockpit.
I have already booked to return the original, and I will sell the Milltek exhaust.
Sin...
I almost forgot! I'm happy with this car!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Francis, I bought and installed the non-res Milltek myself and, yes, is very noisy...but how about fun?

It seriously gives you at least 50 bhp in return...or at least makes you feel you have 'em at your disposal. It's like driving a riot, not a vehicle...and it makes the whole driving experience - yes, tiresome - deadly funny.

I am Italian myself, and I cannot find a better excuse for having a loud, non-res exhaust, than trashing the car and be a hooligan.

Stay strong, don't sell it: the standard exhaust is just boring.

·
Registered
61 Posts
its not the particle filter its just a CAT, but you cut between the 2 of them
Where did you have yours fitted? If I go for one I’d rather travel to somewhere that has experience than be the local guinea pig!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts