Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my High Up! Got in April 2012 and already done nearly 5k miles in it! It has the sports wheels and suspension and every single optional extra on it! I absolutely love it!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Wow!! Everytime I look a pics it gets me so excited waitin for mine! Looks very nice!!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I was so excited ordering it, then after a few days I was abit like o no should I of done it, and then I found this website and I just can't bear the wait haha

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Where have you been since April?

How have your alloys faired after 5 months?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only been a member on here since August haha, kept forgetting to take pictures of it to put on here. My alloys are fine :) Haven't scraped them yet haha

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Are you very careful? Someone said they would be a mare to repair if need be

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since I've had this Up I've been very careful, really don't want to scrape them! haha. I bet they would be hard to repair. I've only taken this pictures today by the way :)Edited by: Keeno

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I was going to order these alloys to replace my classics as I preferred them, but the dealers couldn't give me a delivery date or even a vague estimate, but yet they wanted my money upfront, admitting that it could be 6 months before I actually received them

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
I was going to order these alloys to replace my classics as I preferred them, but the dealers couldn't give me a delivery date or even a vague estimate, but yet they wanted my money upfront, admitting that it could be 6 months before I actually received them
Pfft i know what id be saying to the dealers!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's out of order, there's no reason why they can't give you a delivery date, and asking for the money upfront is wrong! Wow 6 months is a long time!
Should try another dealer?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. He even asked me to ring back in a few months and see if he could give me an idea about delivery by then! It put me off to be honest, that and the thought that if they got curbed by hubby (not me of course!) then they would be extremely expensive to repair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dont understand why it would take so long just to know a delivery day! Haha! I would hate it if someone else curbed my wheels and scraped them! Us girls are more careful! Haha
Yeah i bet they would be expensive! But for me my dad sprays and refurb's alloys
(not that I'm going to curb them!)

·
Registered
47 Posts
My dealer has said that the Sports pack is prooving popular. It may be that demand is exceeding supply for these wheels. Wheels are produced in batches at a time to keep production costs down and it could be that the next production batch of these wheels is not scheduled for several months.

They were after all produced originally with limited orders in mind as they are not standard model fitment. Stock that was previously set aside for spares and parts orders are now having to be used on the production line.

vup rider

·
Registered
655 Posts
Ours must be brother and sister as if you look at my posts from April it is the same as yours...great choice and the best combo for these wheels in my opinion

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeahh they must be! I love the wheels! Finishes the car off to be honest. Nice pics by the way :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Woo hoo, triplets! My little man is exactly the same, he was delivered in July though.

Still waiting on black caps however, apparently now expected before 14 October

·
Registered
655 Posts
I went mad at VW on the centre caps issue and involved VW customer service, stating it shouldnt take nearly 6months for a glorified piece of plastic! They said its a global issue and the factory isnt evening saying when they will be made....looks like we are in for a long wait!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts