Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am posting this here as it is more of a brain dump than a review... It won't be worthy of going into the reviews part of the forum...

So, I have done 100 (well, 99) miles so far and all is 100% well :)

It is a great little car and I am getting used to it (coming from a 2.0 Turbo DSG EOS Sport!)...

Maps and More is awesome and works really well, I have the latest maps, firmware and some add on packages I bought for cameras and POI etc. All easy to download, install and set up.

The stalk was quite tricky to get to stay on the dash, it kept popping out on the left, so I pushed that bit harder and heard a click and all is fine and secure. This may be why some people have problems with sound on one side etc, it is possible that the stalk isn't fully secured... It is clearly intended for the stalk to stay in the car and just the M&M removed.

The engine is pretty good and fairly smooth for a 3 cylinder and the pedals work as expected... Even the A/C is surprisingly good!!

I am also pretty impressed with the build quality and everything has been done very nicely, although my door rubber trim leaves a bit to be desired! As long as it doesn't let water in I don't care, it's a very minor cosmetic thing that no one would notice anyway!

The general look of the car is great and I feel surprisingly proud to be seen in it! :)

The clicking when you release the brakes on an incline is the hill start assist relay. I know I read someone asking about this before, so that's the answer.

Gearbox is fine, although it feels like it isn't quite a straight line to get from 1st to 2nd, but that may be the fact that I haven't owned a manual for over 15 years!

I have found that on normal roads, I haven't even gone into 4th gear. I used it once on the motorway. This leads me to believe that most of the engine noises, gearbox noises etc are probably down to the car telling people to change up far too early... I just ignore all that and take it up to 4000 rpm before most changes and it all seems very happy!

Not sure what else to say, but I am very happy and it is a great little car!! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Aye, it's a gem of a wee car...very pleased you feel the same

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers :) One other thing forgot to mention... I very much disagree with people who say that the sound pack doesn't make a difference... played with a car without it at the dealers, and mine does have it... turn the bass and the treble both up to about 70% and it really comes into its own... :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it.

Nice comments

I'm knocking 2000 miles now

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love it... its great!! :)

How is yours going?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
No complaints from me. No weirdness at all, just a lovely driving experience.

300 mile round trip trek to Liverpool today to drop my daughter off for the second year at uni. Didn't take the Up! though. Far too much stuff rammed in for my little baby!
Really it was because we don't have a roof rack for the Up! so took the diesel Lupo instead. To be honest as far as motorway driving is concerned (at speeds between 70 and 80) the Lupo is cheaper on fuel. Whereas the Up! is far cheaper poodling around town and backwards and forwards to work.

Still loving it, but driving it like an old person, trying to keep the mpg high soon got boring

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drive it for fun!! so I am currently running at about 35mpg and lovin' it :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Sounds like you might just have the record for the lowest mpg so far

Well done

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't congratulate me yet... am determined to get it below 30! :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah! I don't think its gonna be as easy as I thought...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts